• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC worth the $20

fozzy71

imported post

I just noticed the address that I need to mail this membership to. I think I am going to save the stamp and deliver it personally while walking my dog. :lol:

It is only 1.1 miles from me. :dude:

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
I just noticed the address that I need to mail this membership to. I think I am going to save the stamp and deliver it personally while walking my dog. :lol:

It is only 1.1 miles from me. :dude:
You are certainly welcome to do this. Send me a pm though so I can get in touch with you to make sure I'm home and expecting company. Especially if you walk the dog at night!

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

I also want to say that our members are going to be pleasantly suprised to see exactly what all we have accomplished so far and the plans for the future. If nothing else, this thread has pointed out that MOC should probably create a document specifically showing potential members what their money and time will go toward. Look for that in the next few months.

Also, I don't wish to continue dragging this issue through the mud, but the only requirement for financial reports is to produce them once a year and make them available once they are produced. A complete financial report will beready at our membership meeting at which point we will have been in business for 1 year.

fozzy71

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
You are certainly welcome to do this. Send me a pm though so I can get in touch with you to make sure I'm home and expecting company. Especially if you walk the dog at night!

I might do this. It is a little longer than my normal walk, but I will just make sure I grab a small backpack so I can carry a bottle of water and a bowl for the dog, etc. I have plans to go to the range tonight (with the OP of this thread :D ) so tomorrow would probably be better for me, if the weather is decent. I will certainly plan it in advance with you via PM.

scot623

imported post

Since my $20 went to MOC, there's been 3 Presidents and I haven't gottten to vote once. Doesnt seem quite righ to me that 2 remaining board members were able to appoint the new President. Especially when one of those two board members somehow survived an attempt to be booted out of the Org. by the past board. Damn bylaws.

autosurgeon

imported post

scot623 wrote:
Since my $20 went to MOC, there's been 3 Presidents and I haven't gottten to vote once. Doesnt seem quite righ to me that 2 remaining board members were able to appoint the new President. Especially when one of those two board members somehow survived an attempt to be booted out of the Org. by the past board. Damn bylaws.
Maybe you should have read them before joining? I did.

FatboyCykes

imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:

I might do this. It is a little longer than my normal walk, but I will just make sure I grab a small backpack so I can carry a bottle of water and a bowl for the dog, etc. I have plans to go to the range tonight (with the OP of this thread :D ) so tomorrow would probably be better for me, if the weather is decent. I will certainly plan it in advance with you via PM.
You guys going to Petes? I'm itchin' to go to Target, haven't been to a range in too long :/

fozzy71

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
You guys going to Petes?  I'm itchin' to go to Target, haven't been to a range in too long :/

We are probably meeting up there in about 45 minutes, at 6pm. You want to join us? Shoot me a PM and I can give you my cell number if you would like. I will be here for another 30 minutes or so before I head up there.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Really don't need to go through the hassle of mailing and such. Just look at the form on the PC at http://dev.michiganopencarry.org/moc_files/membership.pdf

Write out the information on a piece of paper, making sure to include everythng needed and simple send that in. As long as all the required information is on the paper, the form is really not necessary.

-northofnowhere

lil_freak_66

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
so lemme get this straight, its only 10$ for a student membership to MOC??.....can someone mail me the app?....no printing capabilities
be sure to do it before you turn 18 and/or graduate...or else you'd no longer qualify for a student membership.