• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mommies Membership Meeting

poetdante

Thanks! Starting on page 56 but the same post number, it was an interesting read. Sounds like the group is just universally lieing when they say "we want to have a conversation" but close their ears when we come to talk

poetdante

Actually it is! I usually only see either old white ladies or young (baby in arms) white ladies. All look off their rocker with wide-eyed fear on their faces and shaking body language

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
cross posting here,,, the moms had a meet near Seattle,, like yours, this week, see this thread
its a long one that you dont need to read about general meets in the area, sooo
start reading at page 35, post 1378,, enjoy... http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93687-Whatcom-County-OC/page35
I cross posted your meet to the Seattle thread too..

You Gentlemen did well in your endeavor. Good on You!!
Please, Please, do not confuse us with seattle, which is about two hours south of us. King county (seattle) is very, very anti gun. Whatcom County (Bellingham) is much less restrictive and accepting of firearms.
The "meeting" was almost humorous. One speaker and one support. Two who came without firearms, and eight of us (five OC, two concealed, one minor). Conversation was only allowed on a one way basis. On the smart program, she insisted NOT teaching children safety, but to teach parents and let them teach their own kids.
ZERO flexibility in her narrative, rigid speak with blinders to reality. Sad.

The deal is this............We have to show up every time they meet. Every time, and in the greatest numbers we can muster. Citizenship is a Verb.

OC4me

...I believe that 36 children were killed by the misuse of a firearm in KY last year, including suicides...

36 sounds a lot like the national yearly rate for gun-related deaths of children 12 and under in the United States as a whole. Perhaps you came across inaccurate information.

Last edited:

poetdante

That was the number the pediatrician gave me. Considering there are about 500 accidental shooting deaths a year, and these 36 included suicides of children using firearms

poetdante

Just goes to show they are liars, as usual. The physician didn't exactly LIE, but she dodged questions and when confronted with evidence.

Going over the audio recording (I will post it later) the mommies leader said teen suicide was most by gun, the pediatrician said it used to be by hanging but not any longer. the site given above is 2010 data. I have not looked at the latest CDC numbers to tell how they may have changed.

Last edited:

Ahareht

They also said firearms are the most deadly option used. That's false, but I'd rather not put out the options that are deadlier. It should be important to note that in the past MDA posts pictures immediately on gun carriers at their meetings then spins a story of how they were "terrorized". KY is especially true of this, even at non-MDA functions *cough* Frankfort *cough*, notice however that no photos are posted of me or Dante from our little excursion. It amuses me when they have no one that fits their "image" of gun owners to demean and slander online.

Once again, they LOVED my dog. Ignored me, but oohed and ahhed Valor. Plus the Pediatrician guest speaker invited me to come speak with at other events in the area.

poetdante

They also said firearms are the most deadly option used. That's false, but I'd rather not put out the options that are deadlier. It should be important to note that in the past MDA posts pictures immediately on gun carriers at their meetings then spins a story of how they were "terrorized". KY is especially true of this, even at non-MDA functions *cough* Frankfort *cough*, notice however that no photos are posted of me or Dante from our little excursion. It amuses me when they have no one that fits their "image" of gun owners to demean and slander online.

Once again, they LOVED my dog. Ignored me, but oohed and ahhed Valor. Plus the Pediatrician guest speaker invited me to come speak with at other events in the area.

Maybe you can provide her some information (updated and correct) on gun use and how it outweighs the minority of incidents where children are injured or die due to firearms being misused.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
They also said firearms are the most deadly option used. --snipped--

"Most deadly?" - I'm trying to wrap my head around how one method of suicide is any deadlier than another. People fixated on their own rhetoric (the party line) cannot see the conflict in the words the chose - they are blinded by the brilliance of their argument.

There is fool's gold in them thar hills. :lol:

solus

"Most deadly?" - I'm trying to wrap my head around how one method of suicide is any deadlier than another. People fixated on their own rhetoric (the party line) cannot see the conflict in the words the chose - they are blinded by the brilliance of their argument.
There is fool's gold in them thar hills. :lol:

then let's mine the gold and get the straight skinny from the CDC, (quote)

Percentages of suicides involving firearms and poisoning declined from 1999 through 2014, while suicides involving suffocation increased.

• For both females and males, about one in four suicides in 2014 were attributable to suffocation (includes hanging, strangulation, and suffocation), an increase from 1999, when fewer than one in five were by this method (Figure 4).
  • The percentages of suicides attributable to firearms and poisoning were lower in 2014 than in 1999 for both females and males.
  • Poisoning was the most common method of suicide for females in 2014, accounting for about one-third (34.1%) of all female suicides. This was a change from 1999, when firearms were the most common suicide method for women (36.9%), slightly more likely than poisoning (36.0%).
  • More than one-half of male suicides (55.4%) in 2014 were firearm-related, although the percentage of suicides by this method was lower than in 1999 (61.7%).
  • The most frequent “other” suicide methods in 2014 (not shown separately) for females were falls (2.8%) and drowning (1.4%). For males, the most frequent “other” methods were falls (2.2%) and cutting or piercing (1.9%).

(unquote) http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db241.htm

sidebar: this country does not do thorough investigations of those deaths resulting from say a single car accident, ODs, or other 'accidental traumatic deaths' and in some cases even if a note or other evidence is found, the event is listed as a 'tragic accident' instead of a death from intentional self harm ~ suicide. this is i am sure to spare the family/friend/community the stigma of having their family member/colleague known they took their own life. additionally, there are religious dogma involved as well to dealing with the remains of an individual who pass by committed suicide.

ipse

Last edited:

solus

In one instance y'all disparage government data/statistics, but when they serve your purposes they're embraced as golden. Hypocrites.

i for one disparage statistics w/o objective background or substance attached like a recent member's post about a study which only stated 27% or this or 45% of that to prove their small number of test subjects that were observed.

however, suicide stats, like shooting deaths or vehicle accident deaths have a finality of objectivity, w/a methodology on specifics of how the decedent passed, that is difficult to manipulate, e.g., tough to list someone's death who shot themselves as a OD! however, in the case of robin williams, labeling his death as a suicide served a myriad of issues

ipse

poetdante

Also, you cant see the whole picture without taking into account other variables and having a "control" to compare against. Without those it is not even science

solus

Story out there of a cop who tackled a citizen who was running to jump off a bridge. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/2...ing-suicidal-man-from-jumping-off-bridge.html

Now, do we ban bridges cuz some folks go nuts and want to jump off of them?

The manner of achieving room temperature is a purely academic discussion.

actually...communities do put up hindrances, barb'd or Dannert Wire or huge signs telling passersby to call authorities if they see individuals walking on bridges, etc., to minimize exposure to convenient places for folk to end their lives. statistically, it is not a high percentage methodology...:eek:

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
Get rid of all doctors and the reported deaths from cancer will go to zero .... faulty logic but it should play well with the bad mommies