• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motion is raised. Does anyone second the IP ban of logatroll/logables

Status
Not open for further replies.

apjonas

You Want to Be Effective and Efficient

Having the administrators ban by user name is E&E only if the object (1) is too lazy to adopt another user name and (2) register under that name. IP bans may be somewhat more effective but remember (1) a single IP address may service many users and you may block legitimate uses if they happen to have the same ISP (2) it is often possible to obtain a new IP address more quickly than a new user name (3) spoofing IP addresses isn't that difficult (4) an unsecured wireless point may provide access to an irritant even if the owner doesn't know OCDO exists. The ignore option is easy, quick and effective - at least temporarily. A scapel not a meat cleaver.

XD40-OD

Campaign Veteran
My opinion.

Your opinion is precisely your problem. You are loathed by all who know you. You have no friends IRL, and the number that tolorate to even be in your presence, grows fewer by the day. You live now, like a hermit. You post on msg forums to strike debate, as it's the only way people will even come close to having a conversation with you. People avoid you, due to your lack of respect and mindless banter. How miserable you must feel inside.

My opinion

logables

Your opinion is precisely your problem. You are loathed by all who know you. You have no friends IRL, and the number that tolorate to even be in your presence, grows fewer by the day. You live now, like a hermit. You post on msg forums to strike debate, as it's the only way people will even come close to having a conversation with you. People avoid you, due to your lack of respect and mindless banter. How miserable you must feel inside.

My opinion

No one knows me, being loathed bothers me not. Live like a hermit, nah. I post in defense of what x amount of others on here do nothing but bash. Obviously, I am not here to hobnob with or converse with posters who think talking about cheeseburgers, posting youtube songs and other youtube crap that have nothing at all to do with this forums intent.

I disrespect no one and mindless banter, only when I am attacked with mindless banter. Miserable, nah. I have an absolutely fabulous gig going on. My opinion.

HandyHamlet

The Troll munchables THREAD CRAPS. Every single post. Putting MO on the end of it does nothing to cover the stench.

Thread crapping is usually against a forum's rules. This ain't my non-Green Bay resident FIBWAC hardline opinion. This is fact.

Drop a hammer on the troll's thread crapping head and put him out of his misery.

lockman

State Researcher
The real facts are that because I do not care for the so called const carry is a big reason I get attacked. Because I support the new CC bill completely, because I support the Wisconsin governing body, because I support the DNR are all other reasons I am attacked. I will continue to support the above as long as x amount of posters here continue to complain and cry and bash the above. My opinion

I would not drop the ban hammer, I would just require a $50.00 fee for a permit to post on this forum for those who wish to continue posting after being classified as a troll. A $50 fee is not that bad. This way those that are not trolls can continue the "constitutional" form of posting without license.

wrightme

I come here for information, insight and common thinking citizens.

Every thread that Logtard is in, is a complete waste of my time.

Do I hear a second?

Then ignore the users that have opinions you disagree with.

The posts in threads that I have seen are a simply matter of "logables presents a viewpoint different than that of others, and those others attack without provocation."

logables is the innocent in this. Those who respond poorly are responsible for the "waste of time" aspect. If you don't like logables' posts, don't bother reading them. :rolleyes:

IcrewUH60

I would not drop the ban hammer, I would just require a $50.00 fee for a permit to post on this forum for those who wish to continue posting after being classified as a troll. A $50 fee is not that bad. This way those that are not trolls can continue the "constitutional" form of posting without license.

renewable in 5 years and issued only after a "background check"?

wrightme

Are you truly incapable of realizing he meant 'precedent'?

I highly doubt that a bit. But, it is a funny misspelling.
Finally, there is a president that limits free speech (as in not yelling fire in a crowded building) Outdoorsman1

Besides, such "precedent" is completely off-point for this thread. It has NO bearing on this topic at all. In fact, it is quite rational to state that there is NO 1St Amendment Right on this board to limit by that 'president.' And, that "not yell fire." isn't a limit upon speech at all. it is NOT illegal to yell "fire" in a crowded building, and it may actually be very appropriate at times.

Last edited:

Teej

I highly doubt that a bit. But, it is a funny misspelling.

Indeed. But if one wanted to spend their time correcting every error in diction or grammar on this (or any other) forum, it would be a full time job...and probably lead to alcoholism. :D

Last edited:

wrightme

Indeed. But if one wanted to spend their time correcting every error in diction or grammar on this (or any other) forum, it would be a full time job...and probably lead to alcoholism. :D

Really? How odd.

Frankly, I found the "president" response funny. Especially given the reason the word was presented. It wasn't quite Freudian, but the wordplay does have a level of amusement.

Last edited:

HankT

State Researcher

Great idea.

I propose a $75 permit for all members who find it necessary to announce that they are ignoring another member (actually ignoring a member would be free) or who find it necessary to break their own rule about not commenting on someone else's posts.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gentleman and ladies, this is precisely the wrong way to handle problems like this. John (Administrator) has allowed dissension and open discussion ......so long as it did not interfer with the forum and our goals. Yes there have been cases with which we have had to intervene - this may be one of those cases. We shall see.

The proper method is by reporting trouble makers by PM or the triangle ! at the bottom left of each reply window. There is no need to air our laundry in public. I am copying John on this and locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.