• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Move out and Draw fire. Open Carrier's speech at a constitutional rights rally.

sudden valley gunner

Rob you need a better dictionay try unabridged. service [n: 1. an act of help or assitance ]

Correction: you ARE serving, surely in part due to your problem with illegitimate authority.

Your service is of EQUAL value to any other citizen's service (be it a Judge, LEO, or military member, etc.).

Thanks.

I stand corrected again, thank you! I made a wrong assumption.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Correction: you ARE serving, surely in part due to your problem with illegitimate authority.

Your service is of EQUAL value to any other citizen's service (be it a Judge, LEO, or military member, etc.).

Thanks.

+1!

In fact, I would argue his and similar servants' are even more valuable. The baker, bricklayer, and accountant serve by creating valuable products and services desired by others who freely exchange for those products and services. SVG and others of like commitment are trying to create an environment whereby everybody enjoys even greater freedom to produce, to improve their condition*.

*I have little enough respect for the tyrant and constitution-destroying Abe Lincoln. But, he did get one thing sorta right. He said he believed the proper function of government was to keep the road clear for people to improve their own condition. Of course, he was lying--his actions tend to prove he didn't believe it. But, he at least said it. Of course, that role of government assumes the premise that government, as perpetrated against common folk these last 4500 years, is necessary and proper.

georg jetson

I think this is the best thread I've come across here at OCDO. I don't mean to just pat SVG on the back, but to comment on the whole thread. It appears we've got your back so... if I may make a humble and slight change to the thread title.

Move out and draw fire... we've got your back!

Freedom1Man

Drawing fire...

You mean like, um, making it an issue at the Washington state Convention center enough to get arrested for pointing out the fact that I was not trespassing and that I was following the law AND posted entry notice that you had to enter to find and read?

sudden valley gunner

You mean like, um, making it an issue at the Washington state Convention center enough to get arrested for pointing out the fact that I was not trespassing and that I was following the law AND posted entry notice that you had to enter to find and read?

Were you arrested? I know several who have endured arrest to make a point. Myself included, and some who have not disclosed the info of the case yet.

But yes, taking a stand often means taking a ride!

Freedom1Man

Were you arrested? I know several who have endured arrest to make a point. Myself included, and some who have not disclosed the info of the case yet.

But yes, taking a stand often means taking a ride!

Yes, I was. I had to go to court on a Tuesday @ 10am only to have the persecutor, wait until about 12 and then, decide to not file any charges.

I've since called the Convention center seeking answers and all I got was the run around talking about how some organizations who want to rent the space don't want armed citizens there. So they were still figuring out how to deprive people of their rights, "legally".

I told the President of the WSCC that if a organization wanted to rent the space then they should post clear notification well ahead of time that they will be a gun-free zone in that space so us gun owners could deprive them of our buying tickets to the event.

The pres didn't like that one little bit.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Yes, I was. I had to go to court on a Tuesday @ 10am only to have the persecutor, wait until about 12 and then, decide to not file any charges.

I've since called the Convention center seeking answers and all I got was the run around talking about how some organizations who want to rent the space don't want armed citizens there. So they were still figuring out how to deprive people of their rights, "legally".

I told the President of the WSCC that if a organization wanted to rent the space then they should post clear notification well ahead of time that they will be a gun-free zone in that space so us gun owners could deprive them of our buying tickets to the event.

The pres didn't like that one little bit.

Right there is Wrong Headed...
Dont tell them to post,,, or we wont come...

State PREEMPTION means just that!!!

If you could rent OUR PUBLICLY OWNED place and make your own rules, you step on my toes!!!
It doesnt work at Seattle Center Hemp Fest or at ARTS Beets and Eats in Michigan!!!

If renting a public space, meant giving up state law really could be done,,,, then
every state, city, town and podunk,,,
Would rent or lease every park, street, open space,,,, ETC...
TO SOMEONE!!! for a DOLLAR!!!
Then State PREEMPTION would just be an OLD antiquated IDEA!

Geerolla

If you could rent OUR PUBLICLY OWNED place and make your own rules, you step on my toes!!!
It doesnt work at Seattle Center Hemp Fest or at ARTS Beets and Eats in Michigan!!!

If renting a public space, meant giving up state law really could be done,,,, then

Exactly, what do we care what the vendors want or the signs say if the law is on our side? They just have to deal with it. Freedom1Man, is it likely you have grounds for a suit?

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

What about the Stadiums then? They are publicly paid for and publicly owned and privately operated and they do prohibit pistols.

So, what can we do about that?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I think this is the best thread I've come across here at OCDO. I don't mean to just pat SVG on the back, but to comment on the whole thread. It appears we've got your back so... if I may make a humble and slight change to the thread title.

Move out and draw fire... we've got your back!

(chuckle)

It finally dawned on me that drawing fire is what many OCers have been doing for 2A for some years now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can remember the days when, even in VA, an OCer anywhere stood a good chance of a rights-violating police encounter. By "drawing fire" we got OC into the news. Today, there are darn few--if any--police departments who don't know: 1) the legality of OC in their jurisdiction, 2) whether or not OC, without something more, justifies a Terry detention. The NRA took notice of OC. Even Mas Ayoob came around and mentioned OC in a neutral sort of way a couple years ago.

And, of course, we've always had each other's backs.

So, SVG has a point. Time to stop resting on our laurels. Time to move out and draw fire again--in other areas of liberty.

Rusty Young Man

Well done sudden valley gunner. Just a few more practice sessions in front of a mirror and you will be all set.:p Public speaking is tough, but you started to flow after that initial... part.:)

Hopefully this speech can serve to reinvigorate that pro-Liberty individual within people who have begun to simply accept restrictions and infringements as the norm.

Freedom1Man

SNIP

So, SVG has a point. Time to stop resting on our laurels. Time to move out and draw fire again--in other areas of liberty.

I've been working on that for years. Everyone seems to be either brainwashed too badly or illiterate.

I'm not even going to bring up the subject directly either, too many people on this forum know what I am referring to already and none have been able to disprove me. Some illiterates have made claimed to have and have failed repeatedly. They like being good slaves.

So, how else can we move out and draw fire without being made dead?

What about the freedom to be debt free? Get rid of debt based currency.

What about the freedom to contract? Figure it out....

What about not having involuntary servitude? You can't live anywhere, that I have found, without being "forced" to work in some way shape or form. Can't live in your car, the state wants money from you for that, can't own land taxes, can't fish/hunt for food (taxes, except in Alaska), etc.

Rusty Young Man

I've been working on that for years. Everyone seems to be either brainwashed too badly or illiterate.

I'm not even going to bring up the subject directly either, too many people on this forum know what I am referring to already and none have been able to disprove me. Some illiterates have made claimed to have and have failed repeatedly. They like being good slaves.

So, how else can we move out and draw fire without being made dead?

What about the freedom to be debt free? Get rid of debt based currency.

What about the freedom to contract? Figure it out....

What about not having involuntary servitude? You can't live anywhere, that I have found, without being "forced" to work in some way shape or form. Can't live in your car, the state wants money from you for that, can't own land taxes, can't fish/hunt for food (taxes, except in Alaska), etc.

That particular option is reserved for last, when all other options have been exhausted, having been tried and having failed. Only when there is no other recourse should that option be employed, and at that point, history will show the righteousness of the choice to practice such a terrible Right.

NOTE: "terrible" in the old sense of the word

sudden valley gunner

(chuckle)

It finally dawned on me that drawing fire is what many OCers have been doing for 2A for some years now.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can remember the days when, even in VA, an OCer anywhere stood a good chance of a rights-violating police encounter. By "drawing fire" we got OC into the news. Today, there are darn few--if any--police departments who don't know: 1) the legality of OC in their jurisdiction, 2) whether or not OC, without something more, justifies a Terry detention. The NRA took notice of OC. Even Mas Ayoob came around and mentioned OC in a neutral sort of way a couple years ago.

And, of course, we've always had each other's backs.

+1 OC was much of the inspiration. How we have changed much of the culture in more ways than those who want compromise or feel hiding it is the best solution.

sudden valley gunner

Thanks again for all the kind words folks it means a lot. One way I am moving out and drawing fire is by getting out there and speaking like this, even though I don't like being the center of attention and am not the best elocutionist.