• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving from Bama to Ohio

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Great to hear you are moving to Ohio. Please let me know when you arrive. I work on the base too.

Back on topic:

So...who lives near Fairborn or Dayton and would like to get together for a pack'n'snack? Or a carry'n'tarry? Or a bear'n'fare?

OK, that last one was lame. Still, who's up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I'm in Columbus but I know how to drive. I work on the weekend, but I'm up for a weekday meet up

Im surprised that Makarov hassent posted more yet,,, he work on the base too.
I also think you will be able to find or set up a pack and snack soon.
Just think,,, at your new job, everybody you serve will be " gun guys and gals",,, your going to be making lots of new friends.
Enjoy!

eye95

I'm in Columbus but I know how to drive. I work on the weekend, but I'm up for a weekday meet up

If you'd like to meet in Columbus, that would be good. My son lives in Columbus, and we might get him to join us. Anyway, you probably know better the better places to carry hassle-free.

So do you have a suggestion for a time and place in Columbus, Fairborn, Dayton, or anywhere in between?

<o>

N605TW

Activist Member
Im kind of a hermit. I go to work and to the local super market. I'm not the best guide to central Ohio.

I like of Tee Jayes County Place. Cheap edible food and the ones I have been to haven't said anything to me. They have four restaurants in Columbus and a few more farther East. Not sure if it would be worth the drive. I haven't been to Dayton in years so I don't have the first clue as what is available on your side. Maybe there is something worth looking at in one of the little towns along I70.

As far as time goes, I'm free anytime from Wednesday afternoon to Friday night.

FTG-05

If you don't like it here, please just don't post. At the very least, please have the decency to trash your own threads. The purpose of this thread is for me to seek information on the pitfalls that might trap an Alabamian becoming an Ohioan.

Thanks for your consideration.

In this vein, saw this and thought of you: be aware of OH Gun Collectors Association wanted SSNs in order to join them: http://smith-wessonforum.com/lounge/274718-disappointing-ogca-experience.html

Good luck in your move.

eye95

Wow! SSN? No way they get they from me.

Thanks for the well wishes. Enjoy your weather. We're about to be hit by a potential snowicane.

<o>