• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My First MWAG Call

AbNo

imported post

John Wolver wrote:
Navy, i would have to say, i see your point, but since it was a mwg call, some one probably said that little extra that made them think they needed to check us. That being said, our goal, as with everyone here is to make this normal again so that police do just come up, say hi, and leave in peace.
I'd say it was well-handled all around. They do KINDA need to perform CYA on themselves, and, presuming you guys don't have stop-and-ID laws, you went along at least as much as required.

Sounds like a good day to me.

NavyLT wrote:
I would rather the flies just left me the heck alone.
You must learn patience, young one. :)

It'll happen. It just takes time.

They were comfortable cooperating as much or more than the law required, what do you care? :?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I wouldn't have shown my ID, but it is the choice of the individual.

Sometimes I wish I still lived in New Plymouth. I remember fishing the snake river near Payette and got some of the biggest catfish with stink bait.

ISRAEL

imported post

John, if you go a restaurant on this coming friday, I may join you, I will have a "test" at the dr. that day, but I hope is not going to be a big Thing (I hope), I hope that I will have some info. by that day about the O.C. "pic nic and my 30th wed celebration, tell me where are you going to be and what time if is Boise or Nampa (give me the address).

Israel

ecocks

imported post

Breakfast or later in the afternoon work for me. I'm booked from around 10:30 to 1:30.

AbNo

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
AbNo wrote:
You must learn patience, young one. :)

It'll happen. It just takes time.

They were comfortable cooperating as much or more than the law required, what do you care? :?
Citizens do NOT obtain more freedom with just time. Any closed system, absent any inputs into it, will degrade into chaos. That is a rule of thermodynamics. It's the same way with government. The easiest way for a government to rule over the citizens is to exert absolute power and control. Do you really think that sitting back and letting time pass will restore our rights? Do you really think that if people such as Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King "just gave it time" that there would be racial equality in this country now?

My friend, I believe that if you look at history, you will see what happened to citizens who "just gave it time" and did nothing... and it certainly was not having their rights honored and protected by their governments. The very Constitution of this United States is a guide for the citizen on how to take action against their own government when, not if, but when that government becomes intolerably oppressive. The theme of this very forum embodies these principles.
*sigh*

Look, it's 2:30 in the morning, I'm on my second day of insomnia, and I *really* don't feel like having to carefully word out my previous statements to someone that, from the sound of things, probably has about as much understanding as some Butter Bar, which, judging by your screen name, is probably more appropriate.

Now, if you'd quit jumping off to conclusions and maybe if you take the time to go back look, read, and COMPREHEND, you might see that your first sentence was wrong.

Really, it was more it indicates an incorrect comprehension of my reply.

It will happen. It does take time. The part that I didn't explicitly state, and which you apparently failed to fill in yourself is that it also takes actions.

Part of the reason most of us are on this thread is because we ARE taking actions.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find something to do for the next nine hours before I have to go to work.

AbNo

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find something to do for the next nine hours before I have to go to work.
Hopefully something more constructive rather than just babbling personal attacks. You were still having mommy change your diapers when I first enlisted in the Army.
Your point being? :quirky

None2Slow

imported post

ecocks wrote:
No problem, Jon and I were at Shari's in Nampa earlier this evening.

We'll probably grab coffee on Thursday morning or Friday afternoon somewhere in Meridian or Nampa.

Always room for another chair at our table.
Have you guys set up anything for maybe friday morning? I amavailable and a good conversationalist :lol:

ecocks

In line with our discussion this evening at the meeting, tor two which also outline events with different individuals, tactics and outcomes.

Don't hesitate to suggest more of this type of "showing the flag" activity.I'm around the Moxie Java at Linder and Cherry a LOT during the week. A few of us are almost always willing to travel a few miles for the cause on weekends and most evenings with a day or two pre-planning.

clarkebar

To show ID or not to show ID...

I must agree with Navy here, carrying a weapon in the open is NOT a reason for police to ask for your identification. There have been many recommendations on this matter and my conclusion is that when asked, note the officer's badge number, then refuse, but when the officer demands, ALWAYS comply. After all that file a complaint with the department.

cdub

I must agree with Navy here, carrying a weapon in the open is NOT a reason for police to ask for your identification. There have been many recommendations on this matter and my conclusion is that when asked, note the officer's badge number, then refuse, but when the officer demands, ALWAYS comply. After all that file a complaint with the department.

Would that something be sleep?

Bowers

holy cow. we're all on the same side here. If some people (Lt) don't show their ID because it's not required by law, then good. We don't need to, and cops are in fact overstepping their bounds when they demand it. But LT only is able to do that because he is comfortable doing it, knows the law, and is prepared for what follows, be it good or bad. Someone who chooses not to refuse ID, due to whatever reasons they have, are within their rights to do so as well.

Lt, I agree with you, we should be able to refuse ID, but we can only do that if we are comfortable and confident doing so. In ND, I'm not quite sure on the laws yet if I have to or not, so if my ID was asked for, chances are, that even though I agree with you, I probably would give it to them, at least until I have time to research further and make sure I wasn't breaking state law.

Point being, this was a positive event for all involved, and furthers OC. Let's get back together and realize the enemy is out there, not in here.

jimd_21

You do realize that the original post and subsequent conversation is 7 months old now?

For one thing, being new to the forums he prob like most people will read all 3 pages of the thread to catch all the comments. And seeing that ecocks bumped the thread on 11/11/2010 with comments from the recent meeting, basically you just told him he should keep his comment to himself because the thread was started in march.
I don't care if a thread is over a year old, if i have a comment to add i will. And if i have a thread over a year and someone comments on it, ok with me.

ecocks

Again we see the challenge of OC'ing. The infighting and second-guessing is a problem to be overcome.

Anyway, this bump was to provide some perspective to those at the meeting the other night when we were discussing the ins and outs of this activity. Nothing really new being said and people's opinions are what they are. You need to understand and be comfortable with those you accompany on these little forays.

We'll see if we can get some more of these mini-meetings going and also work on identifying more OC-friendly/unfriendly places.