• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My First Open Carry Harassment

Stretch

March 3, 10:00, Republicians will caucus here in WA. If you want a voice get in there and fight (not just vote, it's a beauty contest until we get to state) for a delegate that will hnestly support Ron Paul.

If you do not have a Ron Paul Delegate to the county caucas from your precinct, put yourself in the mix, and then work to get a Ron Paul delegate to state from the county Caucus. Again, make yourself a candidate for delegate if there is no-one else you trust to do it.

I have been to state, (1988) unfortunately by the time of the state convention, Ron had already started a third party bid. I'm just praying my wife is well enough for us to attend out local caucus, I am going to get down there at 09:30 to make sure I know who is what, and where the combined precinct's are headed....I do not want to stand by this year like I had to last time because of my wife's illness.

Go Ron Paul!!!! He is the only one we can trust, all the rest are split tongued, weather vein headed, rubber band backboned double-talkers

THIS!! I was just looking up my caucus location tonight before coming on the boards. It is imperative that we, as voters, participate.

dwordinger

I wish I had gotten home a day sooner from Arizona I would have been right there with you.

Lucky you, and everyone else in the area. Dr.Paul is coming back noon Friday, 2 March. The location is yet to be determined, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Jeff Hayes

Lucky you, and everyone else in the area. Dr.Paul is coming back noon Friday, 2 March. The location is yet to be determined, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Let me know I will be there, I would love to shake his hand. Is he giving another speech? Do you need volunteers?

dwordinger

Ron Paul will be back in Spokane this Friday, 2 March at 12 noon. Location:
INB Performing Arts Center
334 W. Spokane Falls Blvd
Spokane, WA 99201
I'll be open carrying again. Expect to be there at least by 1100. That's one hour prior to 1200 for you civilians.

The expectation is he will be in Seattle, but I don't know when yet. He has a schedule on www.ronpaul2012.com but it only goes out a few days. An event in Seattle on Friday may not be posed until Wednesday or even Thursday.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
---snip---

FYI - while the stadium may be city/county/state owned if it is managed by a 3rd party, they set the rules and can say no firearms.

I'm not so sure.

Generally the management company is the contractual agent for the municipality and to that degree are bound by the same rules/statutes.

The tenant/organization that rents the facility is the "venue" and they have the ability to set rules that may result is trespass charges if violated. I see nothing different in Washington laws to make me see this any differently - please enlighten me.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I'm not so sure.

Generally the management company is the contractual agent for the municipality and to that degree are bound by the same rules/statutes.

The tenant/organization that rents the facility is the "venue" and they have the ability to set rules that may result is trespass charges if violated. I see nothing different in Washington laws to make me see this any differently - please enlighten me.

I have used RCW 9.41.300 as well as RCW 9.41.290 to gain entrance to the stadiums. The problem is that until there is a court case to settle the issue, 3rd party managers will continue to turn away firearm carriers using the tresspass ordinance.

The 2 stadiums in Seattle (Football & Baseball) are owned by the city but use a 3rd party to run and manage the events. Every single time someone has been found with a weapon, they have been asked to leave or be tresspassed.

Tacoma has the Tacoma Dome as well as Cheney Stadium (Triple A Baseball). These 2 stadiums are city owned and city run. At certain events at the Dome there have been light pat-downs, for the majority of the events as long as one has been CC, there has been no issue. A few years ago I went to city council meetings and wrote letters to have the signage change and removed to which they complied.

Jeff Hayes

I have used RCW 9.41.300 as well as RCW 9.41.290 to gain entrance to the stadiums. The problem is that until there is a court case to settle the issue, 3rd party managers will continue to turn away firearm carriers using the tresspass ordinance.

The 2 stadiums in Seattle (Football & Baseball) are owned by the city but use a 3rd party to run and manage the events. Every single time someone has been found with a weapon, they have been asked to leave or be tresspassed.

Tacoma has the Tacoma Dome as well as Cheney Stadium (Triple A Baseball). These 2 stadiums are city owned and city run. At certain events at the Dome there have been light pat-downs, for the majority of the events as long as one has been CC, there has been no issue. A few years ago I went to city council meetings and wrote letters to have the signage change and removed to which they complied.

The INB Performing Arts Center Is OWNED and OPERATED by the City of Spokane. Hers a link http://www.inbpac.com/about.php During a Tea Party Rally they had posted no firearms signs on all the doors, I politely approached an employee at one of the doors and they removed the signs in less than 5 minutes. Every event I have been to there INB employees have been manning all the doors taking tickets etc.

BobR

I politely approached an employee at one of the doors and they removed the signs in less than 5 minutes.

You probably found the shortest one you could to ask, some 5'6" squirt. You looked like a giant to him, of course the signs came down!! You scared the crap out of him!
tongue.gif
hysterical.gif
toetap.gif

bob

Jeff Hayes

You probably found the shortest one you could to ask, some 5'6" squirt. You looked like a giant to him, of course the signs came down!! You scared the crap out of him!
tongue.gif
hysterical.gif
toetap.gif

bob

The employee was a female and she was short but then again most everyone is short, except me of course.

dwordinger

Change of venue

Tomorrow's Ron Paul Rally in Spokane will be the same place as the last on; in the Convention Center. I'll be OC again and this time I'll stay OC. Event starts at 1200 but I'll be there early. Orphan and Thor, look for me when you get there. We'll try to get our picture taken with The Man.

sudden valley gunner

Tomorrow's Ron Paul Rally in Spokane will be the same place as the last on; in the Convention Center. I'll be OC again and this time I'll stay OC. Event starts at 1200 but I'll be there early. Orphan and Thor, look for me when you get there. We'll try to get our picture taken with The Man.

Wish I could join you guys you couldn't be in better company with Orphan and Thor.

Thor80

I'll try to be there at around 1hr before 1200 for us civilian folks... I havent seen Orphan chime in but I think i still have his phone number and I'll give him a shout in the morning. If you're still here tonight or tomorrow morning i'll pm you my phone number so we can meet up. :)

-Thor

Jeff Hayes

I'll try to be there at around 1hr before 1200 for us civilian folks... I havent seen Orphan chime in but I think i still have his phone number and I'll give him a shout in the morning. If you're still here tonight or tomorrow morning i'll pm you my phone number so we can meet up. :)

-Thor

I am starting a business turn around today, really messy. I will try to get there between 11 and 1130. I could get hung up and not make it, I will do my best. I will give Dave a call