• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My First Police Interaction

hermannr

This old pfardt has had a brain pfardt and I can't find the link..., but a couple days ago a Chief of Police said (not in WA, I think it was OK as their legailature is getting ready to pass OC legislation..anyway) this CoP said in this news interview that the reason the Police OC is for the intimidation factor and he did not think private citizens should be allowed to.

Last edited:

ncwabbit

1) I notice with interest Herr Heckler Koch, both word's definition have the word 'FEAR' as a major component...a rose by another name!! the OP left the house with the apparent intention to put 'fear' in someone through the use of OC! then OP comments '...not that I wouldn't pull my gun on someone for throwing my dog, but it might be warranted...!!

2) the OP left with the express hope the bloke who acted badly towards his pet would be there...opps he wasn't at the dog park, darn! shots of dogs, then all of a sudden we have video w/o actual recording due to blowing wind, of OP discussing with a police officer, about MWAG call and then OPs perception of what was said during the encounter and then statements from the OP about what someone allegedly said to him during a request to conceal which are not on video.

i am sorry, but there is an apparent smell coming from Denmark

wabbit

PS: amzbrady I'm afraid I agree w/you what does the unedited version look like?

fire suppressor

irritating if you have covered up he probably would not have called the police meaning he really does not care if you have only if it offends his eyes

Knowledge

1) I notice with interest Herr Heckler Koch, both word's definition have the word 'FEAR' as a major component...a rose by another name!! the OP left the house with the apparent intention to put 'fear' in someone through the use of OC! then OP comments '...not that I wouldn't pull my gun on someone for throwing my dog, but it might be warranted...!!

2) the OP left with the express hope the bloke who acted badly towards his pet would be there...opps he wasn't at the dog park, darn! shots of dogs, then all of a sudden we have video w/o actual recording due to blowing wind, of OP discussing with a police officer, about MWAG call and then OPs perception of what was said during the encounter and then statements from the OP about what someone allegedly said to him during a request to conceal which are not on video.

1. You misquoted me. I said that I would NOT pull my gun on someone for throwing my dog although it may be warranted.
2. At what point did I imply that I wanted that guy to be there... huh? Your failing miserably when it comes to logic.
3. I was meeting friends at the dog park and I was there with my wife.
4. Who the hell cares what that moron said to me about concealing my gun. I don't have to conceal it and I will wear it wherever whenever (within the scope of legality) I want.
5. what's the purpose of all these illogical assumptions anyways? Make you point already. You got a question? Then ask it. If not, then ****

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
+1 @ op

Good Job! We need officers like that in MI!

The guy who made the 911 call is typical of a whole generation that has been brain washed into thinking that the only people that should have guns are the police. Never taking the time to realize that what he & others like him are asking for is a police state! :eek:

amlevin

Sawah, it's spelled Karate and you are confusing word order/association.

But then maybe it was "Carroty"

angry+carrot-colour.jpg

One never knows :):)

Tawnos

OMG People are wearing HOODIES! Doesn't that mean they should be shot?

Knowledge: you need a dead cat for your camera. :) I love a good vlog.

FMJ 911

Their logic is identical now that I think about it.:lol:

Too many trolls. Both real life and online!

Wabbit, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

#2 The Golden Rule: Treat others as you would want to be treated.

#3 OC is good for society, we need more armed citizens to deter criminals and other bad people.

/soapbox

P.S. Whenever someone questions your right to OC, just tell them Firearms are what gave them the right to say what they just did! ;)

Thank Goodness for the Bill of Rights!

ncwabbit

FMJ911, et al., thank you for your kind words...

as the same historical entities that allow me to voice question(s), allows you the opportunity to jump in the middle and call people names out of the blue.

Tho i do find it quite interesting you do not follow your own advice on how i should treat people as outlined by your #2 rule...perhaps i should refresh my memory and re-read my posts to see what derogatory comments i uttered to the OP?

double dog gone it, FMJ911 et al,... i do not see any derogatory comments i made on my part whatsoever...only personal observation(s)...i have fulfilled your guidance of following my rule number 1...do unto others...

wabbit

PS: thank Heavens zimmerman didn't make and post a youtube prior to his confrontation...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I think the nationalist for more central control Hamilton would wonder why we let our governments get so out of hand.

I wonder. From what I've read of Hamilton, he was a monarchical slime who worked very hard to hand us over to banks and financial interests.

I'm thinking he'd be pleased we've put his mug on a fractional-reserve, fiat-currency $10 bill. And, prolly downright gleeful we put Jefferson on another. He and Jefferson butted heads in Washington's cabinet over the earliest national bank, the arguments being about whether the federal constitution empowered congress to charter such a bank.

Y'all can thank Hamilton for the implied powers doctrine used to grow the fedgov into a monstrous parasite sucking the life out of the people. Implied powers was the gist of his report to Washington on the constitutionality of congress chartering such a bank.

Last edited:

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
but efinition of deter: To prevent or discourage from acting, as by means of fear or doubt...
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/deter

so svg, is that why ppl OC is to inflict 'fear' in those around us?

wabbit

ps: gogodawgs, listened to it several times and not off base with my comments...sorry your perspective didn't let you be first to criticize...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Deter?s=t

Has a different definition, and one I think is more accurate and accepted.

de·ter

verb (used with object), -terred, -ter·ring.
1.to discourage or restrain from acting or proceeding: The large dog deterred trespassers.

This also seems to be in line with Merriam Webster (the grand-daddy of dictionaries)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deter which says:
"To turn aside, discourage, or prevent from acting"

So I guess what is really clear is that there are better dictionaries out there then thefreedictionary.com that more accurately capture the common meaning of words used in today's vernacular.

Neither of the two I referenced use fear in any definition of the word nor is fear referenced to deter in those sites respective thesaurus either.

Interesting to note that one definition of fear according to Merriam Webster is "To have a reverential awe of" or to put another way, respect.

Words have meaning, sometimes more than one meaning. You have to look at the words in context to determine the meaning and, as always, the most common meaning is usually the correct one.

So while you tried to use some second tier online dictionary with an obviously flawed definition to try and tie deterrence to intimidation, you really only made yourself look bad you silly ncwabbit.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I wonder. From what I've read of Hamilton, he was a monarchical slime who worked very hard to hand us over to banks and financial interests.

I'm thinking he'd be pleased we've put his mug on a fractional-reserve, fiat-currency $10 bill. And, prolly downright gleeful we put Jefferson on another. He and Jefferson butted heads in Washington's cabinet over the earliest national bank, the arguments being about whether the federal constitution empowered congress to charter such a bank.

Y'all can thank Hamilton for the implied powers doctrine used to grow the fedgov into a monstrous parasite sucking the life out of the people. Implied powers was the gist of his report to Washington on the constitutionality of congress chartering such a bank.

I tend to agree with you on Hamilton, there was a reason Jefferson didn't like him much. I just wonder if even he would approve of the fundamental freedoms lost by people.