• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My pistol permit process so far

USP

imported post

I wouldnt go crazy waiting, it could take no time at all i had my review and fingerprints done in Ridgefield very nice small town in FF County a little rittzy but i handed my info in on Nov. 26 2008 and got my temp permit Dec 23 2008 2 days before Christmas. It took just a couple days over 3 weeks and i went and got my state Christmas Eve. A very nice Christmas present for (Dad) me this year i was very pleased... But i live in the town of ridgefield and you must be a resident they do know.. i dont know if it is the town or if it was just good timing.. but good luck to all and hope it comes in a timely fashion..

Kateryn

imported post

I turned in my paperwork to Ansonia on January 23rd. Still waiting to hear back on the permit. I have to go up to DPS in Middletown on Wednesday to get my Guardcard, We're going to see if they can tell us if they had processed the fingerprints yet while we're there, I'm in a hurry to get my permit since I need it to get my blue card for a job that I have waiting for me to finish the process. Waiting 8 or more weeks to get a job is really a pain.

Kateryn

imported post

Well I just got my letter stating I was denied due to my criminal history. I don't have a criminal history. The officer that did the application is just a #$%@ and does not like my husband and I anyway. I need my permit for work purposes and our home business and now I can't do either. Any suggestions on a faster way to get through the appeal process rather than wait 18 months for an appt?

PRO2ND

imported post

http://www.ralphdsherman.com/

You could always go back and speak with the Chief were You put in the application and explain that You do not have a criminal background.

You could also get some advice from a Attorney who deals in these matters.

Mr Sherman or do a search online for other Attorneys in this field.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

JUMPMASTER

imported post

Submit another application.There is no law that says you can't. You are sure you don't have a record? You can submit a criminal records check through the State Police. They only check for records in Connecticut though. Can you blank out your private information and post the letter or type in exactly what the letter said. Did it use the words unsuitable? You can also go to this link and type in your name. It will only give you information going back to 2000. Maybe there is someone with a name similar to yours. http://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/SearchByDefDisp.aspx

Kateryn

imported post

Per the cop, the only reason I got turned down was because I had listed that I had never been arrested. We are moving to Naugatuck this week, I am going to talk to the LT that is listed as the one that denied me, if he still refuses, then I will just reapply in naugatuck.