• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My recent encounter with LEO's

Daylen

If LEOs don't work for us, pray tell, who do they work for? Teh gubermint? And who's dat? Why are they, while having so much power, held to lower, or no, standards?

...and why on God's Green Earth are we allowing it?

Patrick Henry was a troll, too... :p

LEOs are held to the standards set by the elected official who is their highest boss and the elected official is held to the standards set by the voters. So you get what you vote for, or in the words of McCain: "elections have consequences". So if you do not like how your local LEOs perform their duties then perhaps they and their superiors should not be held up on a pedestal, but instead treated as fellow citizens who can be reprimanded and tossed on the street if they do a shitty job.

okboomer

Amen, Daylen

We had a new county sherrif elected last year and it has been quite entertaining to see the difference in the deputy's and their behavior :lol: