• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Reply Letter To Best Buy

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I am in the market for a new Flat screen TV, But i guess that I will be shopping else where...
I am confused here. Are you saying you will NOT hop at Best Buy because they SUPPORT our right to carry?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
I am in the market for a new Flat screen TV, But i guess that I will be shopping else where...
I am confused here. Are you saying you will NOT hop at Best Buy because they SUPPORT our right to carry?
I did not see that letter, when I wrote this..guess I can continue to shop there.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Fantastic. Mega-professional of Best Buy!!! I look forward to patronizing them soon! In fact I need a bluetooth headset for my new phone, looks like I'll pay them a visit this friday.

Elysium

imported post

you may want to print out that letterbefore you go armed in any bestbuy

SprayAndPray

imported post

Good on Best Buy for making it right and good for the OP for getting it straingt with the plover store....

This is how we will win the war, One careful step at a time

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pointman wrote:
Excellent job on your part and on the part of Best Buy corporate.

As a side note, I wonder how open carry affects shoplifters? Not only will we shop at Best Buy, but they might have better product retention.
Thats a very interesting thought.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just in case you missed it, on page 2 of this thread, my Mon Jun 8th, 2009 12:25 pm post contains the exact letter I sent.

I sent it to the store manager, the president/coo, director of PR, and the VP of Retail Channel Management.

As I also posted in the Central Sands thread, that I have since returned to Best Buy, letter in pocket, and purchasedmore computer equipment for my IT department. I was never asked about the firearm, and never needed the letter. Everybody was polite and helpful. I will continue to patronize Best Buy as I have in the past.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AaronS wrote:
Thanks for the good news. Might just have to go look at recorders again...
I just stopped in the other day and got my new Olymus VN-6200... :D been a great recorder, so far so good!

N8

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I work for BestBuy in VA.A good number ofemployees in my store are firearms owners and some have OCed while shopping off the clock. :)