• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My response to the Springfield Mall thread...

possumboy

imported post

I did contact the mall about this, they assured me they would look into it. They started closing different parts of the mall at night and only allowing access to better watch the entrance and exits.

I also saw them tell a bunch standing outside the exit they had to move inside or leave.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Has the question about trespass law been answered?

IANAL but intentionally trespass for my own reasons. I believe, and have not yet been demonstrated wrong, that constructive or effective notice is required, an element not often met.

SC's intentionally burdensome sign law creats 'effective notice' to people carrying guns. http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t23c031.htm SECTION 23-31-235

As an owner of attractive hunting property I can relate that mere signage is legally moot. I have to personally notify hunters from off-Island that they are not welcome on my land and that only my neighbors may hunt it.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

LEO 229

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Has the question about trespass law been answered?

IANAL but intentionally trespass for my own reasons. I believe, and have not yet been demonstrated wrong, that constructive or effective notice is required, an element not often met.

SC's intentionally burdensome sign law creats 'effective notice' to people carrying guns. http://www.scstatehouse.net/code/t23c031.htm SECTION 23-31-235

As an owner of attractive hunting property I can relate that mere signage is legally moot. I have to personally notify hunters from off-Island that they are not welcome on my land and that only my neighbors may hunt it.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
You keep ranting about "being equal."

In your world.... good people can do what they want and nobody can place any restrictions on them.

What happened to "either we are equal or we are not" !!?? You have just excluded bad people so now someone is no longerequal. So as long as YOU benefit.... it is OK.

Reality check..... Life is not fair and we are not equal.

automan

imported post

ET wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

You would need to basically empty half the mall of customers before anyone would take you seriously.
I don't know about customers, but something has emptied half the mall of stores over the past year or so. I was in SM a few weeks ago for the first time in about a year and it's nearly empty - the store I was looking for wasn't even there anymore. Anyway, I OCd for nearly an hour looking for a store selling a particular kitchen gadget I needed. I didn't see any signs about firearms and didn't attract any attention from store owners or security either.
I've read recently that the SM owner and FFX County want to "revitalize" the SM and surrounding area. The powers that be realize the SM is loosing customers and is becoming a hangout for people with nothing to do but look for trouble.

LEO 229

imported post

automan wrote:
ET wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

You would need to basically empty half the mall of customers before anyone would take you seriously.
I don't know about customers, but something has emptied half the mall of stores over the past year or so. I was in SM a few weeks ago for the first time in about a year and it's nearly empty - the store I was looking for wasn't even there anymore. Anyway, I OCd for nearly an hour looking for a store selling a particular kitchen gadget I needed. I didn't see any signs about firearms and didn't attract any attention from store owners or security either.
I've read recently that the SM owner and FFX County want to "revitalize" the SM and surrounding area. The powers that be realize the SM is loosing customers and is becoming a hangout for people with nothing to do but look for trouble.

When you let people get their foot in the door... (gangs and criminals).... they will stay and invite their friends.

I think this is what happened at the mall. The mall did nothing for so long and now it is a "hang out" spot.

But some people think "weare equal or we are not"... so the criminals do have an equal right to be there armed and should not be messed with (Sarcasm) ;)

zoom6zoom

imported post

Best way to revitalize springfield mall:
url

AbNo

imported post

automan wrote:
I've read recently that the SM owner and FFX County want to "revitalize" the SM and surrounding area.  The powers that be realize the SM is loosing customers and is becoming a hangout for people with nothing to do but look for trouble.

Link PLEEEASE?

I need this for something I am working on.

nickerj1

imported post

possumboy wrote:
Bulldog1967 wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
I'm sure it's there, but I've never seen any *real* gang activity at SM. What I have seen are snotty unattendedteenagers whose parents don't give a flipthat they dress like punks, walk around acting "hardcore", talk loudly about inappropriate things using bad language,and chill outside smoking cigarettes.

Dang, I sound old.

Plenty of gang violence has occurred at SM.

I had a "problem" with what some may call a gang at Springfield Mall. I wrote about it in another thread. It was a group of nine, which may get labeled a gang, they were probably wannabes.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=1911&forum_id=54

Damn. If four more people start hanging out in that gang I may have to start carrying an extra clip when I go to that place. The food court there is really top notch, too. :shock:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wooley wrote:
I wouldn't avoid SM just because of the turds that haven't been flushed. Exactly the opposite actually...I'd go there because of it.

Exactly. I still go there; I just go armed. It's convenient, and except for the two weeks before Christmas, I can always get a parking place.

Wooley

imported post

I agree, but was thinking more along the lines of not giving in to punks...showing that you just don't care what they do and not fearing whatever it is they think we should fear.