• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Carry Measure . . . Senate to vote . . . ' Road Runner ' homepage

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:
Well then, it looks like we need to take the whole CC to the supreme court and get rid of this whole thing that CC is a privledge, when really it's a right also. Time for us to go to Supreme Court and take this stigma down, so where do we start.

The Supreme Court doesn't have the authority to do... anything. Did you miss that thread?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/28421.html

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Oh, this is new. So humans created rights?
Apparently you believe it was an old guy with a beard, on October 23, 4004 B.C., at nine o'clock in the morning.

Talk to Tony Alamo lately?

Ethics (which is the basis of rights)exists independantly of people, just like physics, mathematics, and all other natural laws... or did humans create those too? :lol::quirky

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Apparently you believe it was an old guy with a beard, on October 23, 4004 B.C., at nine o'clock in the morning.

Ethics (which is the basis of rights)exists independantly of people, just like physics, mathematics, and all other natural laws... or did humans create those too? :lol::quirky

Ethics are wholly a product of the society within which you live. They are not constant, but instead, quite subjective.

What is considered ethical in China would be considered unethical here and vice versa. To make the claim that ethics exist outside of humans is presumptuous and shows hubris or ignorance on the norms in other cultures.

Our ethics are codified in our laws.... and laws change... and so do ethical standards.

This is not to say that I think we need to accept every other cultures' ethical standards... I don't. I only mean that ethics are quite subjective and so your definition cannot possibly work.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

Ethics are wholly a product of the society within which you live. They are not constant, but instead, quite subjective.

What is considered ethical in China would be considered unethical here and vice versa. To make the claim that ethics exist outside of humans is presumptuous and shows hubris or ignorance on the norms in other cultures.

Our ethics are codified in our laws.... and laws change... and so do ethical standards.

This is not to say that I think we need to accept every other cultures' ethical standards... I don't. I only mean that ethics are quite subjective and so your definition cannot possibly work.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

While I'm well versed in philosophy and ethics, I can picture marshaul hopping up and down with excitement right now, eager to blow your world of ridiculous statements apart. So I'll leave the detail onthis one for him. But just so you know, ethics have no relevance if they aren't universal. What you're talking about is etiquette.

Now I'll wait andthrowout another...

LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLLOLLOOLOOLLL @ you

NightOwl

imported post

The right to bear arms. As in carry them on your person. Should apply nationwide, without restriction (except on private property, of course).

This bill was a farce. Heart in the right place, perhaps, but going about it the wrong way.