• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park Service Infringing on Lawful Carry

VFORVENDETTA

I'm wondering how going into a "federal facility" not directly associated with law enforcement or the military would automatically be established as a gun-free zone. Some banks erroneously think that because their FDIC insured, that makes them a "federal facility", but that's been put down in every instance of its attempted application. A visitor center in a national part hardly requires such a prohibition, especially since the carry in the park itself is allowed, and since the visitor center and the cave are part of the park, the "federal facility" rule is (or should be) not applicable.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

What about a bank that has been taken over by the FDIC? It's happened a few hundred times in the last few years.

stainless1911

Banned
FDIC does not equal a federal reserve bank. FCIC is basically an insurance policy.
I've had this argument before. Most recently with a little dingbat manager at the local Krogers. They have a bank inside. I don't shop there anymore. A shame really, I remember when the property they built the place on was trees and grass. They built the place pretty fast too, I remember the first few weeks after the grand opening, watching the sparrows fly around inside the store. They got shut in, as the building was finished.