• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park Victory Celebration

Ajetpilot

imported post

My wife and I went to the Olympic National Park Visitor’s Center first. There we took several pictures and some video. A passerby even took a picture of the two of us, and she had no problem with the fact I was OC.

We then drove south towards Heart of the Hills, but about half way there we climbed into the clouds where the visibility quickly deteriorated to nil. After about a mile of creeping along, I managed to find a turnout and began our descent to VMC.

We left the park and headed for the Dungeness Recreation Area. We used the western entrance at Voice of America road, and drove all the way to the end while checking each campsite and picnic area. The group campsite was already in use. We never saw any of you, so we left the area and headed home at 1PM. Sorry we missed you.

jeeper1

imported post

Well I had a great time there.
Wish I could say the same about the trip home on my mobility scooter. About 8 miles after I left there the tire came off the front rim and the tube blew. I had to flag down a passerby to find out the name of the road I was on so I could give my location to the tow company.
Thank goodness I have Good Sam Towing.

Machoduck

imported post

Mrs Duck and I got to the group area about 1210hrs, found nobody we knew, drove all around and back to group area. We waited there until 1230, then left. We thought the event might have reverted back to the Visitor Center or Heart of the Hills CG. When you weren't there, we thought by then that the event had been canceled.

Ajetpilot, you didn't persist long enough. We did and were rewarded with VMC on top, if that's even a proper term. We enjoyed great scenery and saw 7 or 8 black tail does.

MD

jeeper1

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
so who was actually there? I have a problem remembering names
how many? 10 including a couple of ladies
wheres the pics? good question
good weather? it went from no to yes
fire? yes
hassles? no
fun? yes, at least I had a good time.

Ajetpilot

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Ajetpilot, you didn't persist long enough. We did and were rewarded with VMC on top, if that's even a proper term. We enjoyed great scenery and saw 7 or 8 black tail does.
I was willing to press on, but Mrs. AJP was nervous about the driving conditions and persuaded me (isn't that a nice way to put it?) to turn around. Glad you made it. We missed out on the deer reward. :cry:

1245A Defender

imported post

VMC= visual meteorogical conditions?
VFR= visual flight rules
IFR= I follow roads= instrument flight rules
where in the heck did everyone end up for the get together?
hey jeeper,, how many miles will that thing go on a charge?

Where are the pics,,, remember,, no pics= didnt happen.

Ajetpilot

imported post

I would provide a picture and a link to the video of me and Mrs. AJP at the visitor's center, however Workman and several other members here would come down on me like a ton of bricks for posting them.

jeeper1

imported post

1245A Defender asked.
hey jeeper,, how many miles will that thing go on a charge?
It is rated to go 50 miles at up to 13 mph with an operator under 200 lbs.

1245A Defender

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
I would provide a picture and a link to the video of me and Mrs. AJP at the visitor's center, however Workman and several other members here would come down on me like a ton of bricks for posting them.
Dont tell me this was another secret meeting,,, cause i missed the last one!!
is the vidio ....racey?? were some folks embarrassed?
WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO???
is dave gonna wrote a story?

Hendo

imported post

So organization wasn't our middle name this time around. In hindsight a sign, even a small one would have helped. Something like "Have guns? Come eat!"

We left when the dutch oven was still dutching - thanks to the cook. Nice to have a cook and food bringing people together. Re-met Jarhead, Jeeper1, M1gnr, Sudden Valley gunner (thanks for the pot for hot chocolate) and a couple more I can't remember.

I always enjoy putting mugs to names - scary as that is sometimes. We struck out at Walmarts this time around for ammo. Visited the gun and knive show - small but interesting.

Thoroughly enjoyed driving and staying on the penisula again. We ended up in Seiku, saw eagles. Missed the tsunami - I think we blinked. They actually closed the Dungeness spit for fear of disaster.

So - until next time - congrats on everyone's efforts to bring county and city ordinances/laws into compliance with State pre-emption. Hoorah for being able to carry in National Parks to the benefit of all I believe. And thanks to Olypendrew for getting this thing started!

Hendo/Chris

markallen

imported post

I would have loved a chance to meet some of you, but unfortunately I was unable to locate the group as well. I went up to Heart of the Hills but found it closed and then went by Dungeness but didn't see anything/anyone at the group picnic area. I did see one guy on a Goldwing at both places and thought he might have been looking for the group too.

Oh well, I;m sure there will be a next time. Cheers, Mark

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Too many things happend with me early Sat morning and I was unprepared for the trip. I forgot to bring the "Litter" sign which would have shown our location. (Sorry)

Good day, lots of laughs all around thanks to Jarhead and the "letters."

I thought I saw macho Duck drive by but there were lots of "white hairs" driving by for the memorial service being held at the group site 2 turns away from our site.

The dutch oven was a great idea and thanks again for that great stew.

Jarhead and I headed up to Sekiu after the meet and spent the night. On Sunday I showed him Sekiu, neah Bay, Cape Flatterly and Hobuck.

great weekend, wish I had more days like it.

jarhead1911A

imported post

Ya it was a great time and btw does anyone have any marble sized magnets? anyone who was at the meet will get a good laugh out of this request

amzbrady

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Too many things happend with me early Sat morning and I was unprepared for the trip. I forgot to bring the "Litter" sign which would have shown our location. (Sorry)

Good day, lots of laughs all around thanks to Jarhead and the "letters."

I thought I saw macho Duck drive by but there were lots of "white hairs" driving by for the memorial service being held at the group site 2 turns away from our site.

The dutch oven was a great idea and thanks again for that great stew.

Jarhead and I headed up to Sekiu after the meet and spent the night. On Sunday I showed him Sekiu, neah Bay, Cape Flatterly and Hobuck.

great weekend, wish I had more days like it.
OT / I have an orange folding highway sign, on folding legs, like yours, it has a couple different things on it, dont remember what they say, Can you use it Gunr? I dont need it and was going to garage sale it, but if OCDO can use it, all the better.