• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Took the family to Piccallo millonos (spelling?) Friday night, buffet, lots of exposier. There were two officers eating at the time, I noticed the one checking me out as I walked in but that was it. After he glanced at me there was no other . I think they got the memo.

If this is Milano's Pizza on Hwy 68 (next to Priscilla's) then you are lucky you were not detained & stripped of your gun. Milano's Pizza Buffet serves beer and wine, thus making it illegal to carry a firearm there.

Don't think that is the place - believe he means Piccolo Milano in Walkertown.
http://piccolomilano.9994.attractionsbook.com/

Dreamer

You can't get a ticket if you don't pull over ;)

You don't spend much time in MD do you...

In MD, they don't even pull you over, the robot cameras just snap a pic of your license plates, send it to TX, where a private contractor issues a citation, and they mail it to your home address...

Believe me, my wife and daughters have had a metric butt-load of these kinds of "speeding tickets" in the last year--I know all about them...

M

mattwestm

You don't spend much time in MD do you...

In MD, they don't even pull you over, the robot cameras just snap a pic of your license plates, send it to TX, where a private contractor issues a citation, and they mail it to your home address...

Believe me, my wife and daughters have had a metric butt-load of these kinds of "speeding tickets" in the last year--I know all about them...

A few states have banned these speed and red-light cameras. Pretty sneaky of the states that use them since they aren't run by any kind of law enforcement or state agencies. The facts show that they don't reduce speeding or traffic accidents.

Don't think they are out this way, but there are a few red-lights in Raleigh and Cary.

Greg Bradburn

Here's a thought....It would be nice if public bathrooms intalled a gun storage shelf next to the toilets (i.e., like a baby changing table). Not everyone has thier weapon on a utlity belt that they can just hang behind the door. Way off topic

lol - I CC a Colt Defender in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster at the 4-5 o'clock position. When I use a public restroom, I always choose a stall that has a wall on my right side and I drape my underwear over the firearm when I drop my pants. There's no way the firearm is falling out :)

WNCTarheel

When a hand held radar gun shoots you - you stay shot, even if your detector screams. :uhoh:

Why not just drive the speed limit?

Because the idea is that your detector goes off when they shoot at the guy a 1/4 mile in front of you.

And "just obey the speed limit" doesn't always work. When the cops radar unit signals a hit and they look up from whatever jacking off they were doing, and they see two cars (a sports car and a minivan that's just slammed on it's brakes to slow down ), who do you think they go after? I know from personal experience that it's not the minivan.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Because the idea is that your detector goes off when they shoot at the guy a 1/4 mile in front of you.

And "just obey the speed limit" doesn't always work. When the cops radar unit signals a hit and they look up from whatever jacking off they were doing, and they see two cars (a sports car and a minivan that's just slammed on it's brakes to slow down ), who do you think they go after? I know from personal experience that it's not the minivan.

More often that not it helps rather than creates problems.

Understanding the problem, but why did the sport car have to slam on the brakes? Hmmm? Are you any less guilty because there was more than one vehicle speeding?

I know also that swinging or sweeping the hand held unit can increase or decrease the speed as read. Have had that demonstrated to me. Still isn't a perfect world.

kcGlock19

To bring this back on point....I was OC at Sheetz yesterday and as I was leaving one of the cashiers ask how hard it was to get your "gun permit". I explained to him about not needing on for OC but if he wanted to conceal its a longer process. He said "I dont wanna conceal. I want people to know i have it" I told him i feel same way and told him where to go to get a PPP so he can buy one. This was the first time i have had someone ask me about my gun while OC and was a positive interaction too!

JayT

I was OCing every time I was stopped. :p

You do make a valid point though - sorry about the misdirect.

LOL... Sorry, someday (after I get my recorder) I'll have something to contribute to this thread... Until then, I enjoy reading these reports so that I know when/where is OC friendly.

Chris Hamby

To bring this back on point....I was OC at Sheetz yesterday and as I was leaving one of the cashiers ask how hard it was to get your "gun permit". I explained to him about not needing on for OC but if he wanted to conceal its a longer process. He said "I dont wanna conceal. I want people to know i have it" I told him i feel same way and told him where to go to get a PPP so he can buy one. This was the first time i have had someone ask me about my gun while OC and was a positive interaction too!

kcGlock19, Quick question, Do I need a PPP to OC? I wouldn't imagine so. My father got me a pistol for Graduation and I do open carry it with no problems so far, but we got the gun in Alabama(where he lives), and there you need no permit to purchase.
Would I be unlawfully carrying at this point? Not sure if you would know directly but any input would be greatly appreciated

JayT

kcGlock19, Quick question, Do I need a PPP to OC? I wouldn't imagine so. My father got me a pistol for Graduation and I do open carry it with no problems so far, but we got the gun in Alabama(where he lives), and there you need no permit to purchase.
Would I be unlawfully carrying at this point? Not sure if you would know directly but any input would be greatly appreciated

If I'm not mistaken, you need to get a PPP, from your county sheriff to receive the "gift" from your father.

Chris Hamby

Just called the Sheriff's Office they informed me that I do not HAVE to have it however it is better that I do, so i'm going to run up to the Sheriff's Office tomorrow to fill out the application for the PPP and just give it to my old man. The L.t said that was my best bet. Thanks again for the quick responce.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just called the Sheriff's Office they informed me that I do not HAVE to have it however it is better that I do, so i'm going to run up to the Sheriff's Office tomorrow to fill out the application for the PPP and just give it to my old man. The L.t said that was my best bet. Thanks again for the quick responce.

Why would you give them a record to which they are not entitled?
The more we accept extra-legal requirements, the more problems are created.

That and I never ask LEOs for a legal opinion.

Chris Hamby

Why would you give them a record to which they are not entitled?
The more we accept extra-legal requirements, the more problems are created.

That and I never ask LEOs for a legal opinion.

Very Vallid point, I just wanted to make sure I was doing this all 100% legal. I realize that a purchase permit has nothing to do with open carrying I just didnt know if haveing a PPP is a requirment and seing that I live in CARY:banghead:....I have no room for error

CDT COX

OC in the Wal Mart in New Bern today. While I was looking at basketballs, a yankee at the end of the isle told his 8 or 9yo son "Look at the guy down there in the sports section, hes got a gun, they got a ridiculous law down here where you can expose your guns. He's walking around intimidating people." I head his kid say cool! then the man said "I cant believe it." It made me mad so I walked by out of the store strong side close in front of him and said "How are you today" and smiled at his son. I heard the son say awesome as I was leaving. So glad my parents aren't stupid.

papa bear

we got in a discussion tonight about half-backs. they are more of them in NC than the dang yankees

........--Moderator Comment--
No racist comments or depictions please.