• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

ncwabbit

just got of the fone after talking to the VP of leasing (Kyle) for the parent company of Hull Storey Gibson Companies located in Augusta GA. Kyle stated what 'probably started out as not wanting our security guards armed drifted over to not wanting firearms on our property.' Kyle continued to state their property's were private property and as such they could designate them as they wished.' additionally, when i questioned him regarding all 18 of their properties were GFZs, including the VA properties, he stated 'yes!' When i mentioned normally the endcap stores, e.g., sears etc., do not normally object to firearms within their premises, Kyle told me: 'they should be abiding by our policies since it is our private property'.

Kyle did admit this has never come up in the 12 years he has been with the company and he would have to investigate specifics later.

i concluded the conversation with a note that there were quite a few of his customers who OC/CC and was he aware of the loss of this customer base could result in a loss of financial income. Kyle's comment was 'I am now and i will bring it up to the rest of the staff!'

At no time did i mention the NB Mall did not have the appropriate signage!!

mall manager is erin nimmo who wasn't available when i tried but her number is 252-633-2800 x 200.

wabbit

ps how bout an ad hoc meet up in the mall friday?

pss: Hey You? really!! and a report has been made to the police?

Last edited:

papa bear

WABBIT i would love to protest that.

i went to the NCECU today to deposit a check. it was early and a large check so i went inside ( which case i have done several times) while i walked in, there was a lady watering the plants outside as i came to the door she was walking out with a second container of water.
i said, maybe they should put water hoses in those so you don't have to water them
she said, "yes they should". thought it was strange that she came right in after me, without watering the plants

i went in and and since i was the first in line the lady called me up and with a brief friendly word exchange she started processing my account. then another lady came up to me ;

she said , "i 'm sorry we don't allow that in here ( pointing at my side)
i said, " yes you do you go by state law, which is..."
she said," oh there is even a sign on the front"
i ," yes ma'am the sign says "no concealed carry" as you see i am openly carrying, but of course the laws has change as of DEC 1 2011, and concealed carry is now allowed in banks
she, " really"
i, " yes ma'am that is HB 650 ( which she wrote down, i assume so she can look it up)
she, " well you can see our concern...
I, "no ma'am absolutely not. someone whom is openly carrying in a holster is the least person you have to worry about. it is the person trying to hide it is the one you should be worried about. as a matter of fact you and she (indicating the teller) are safer then you would be if i wasn't armed. if someone seen me they would walk away.

both she and the teller laughed and she said something about OK then, and about that time the teller was finishing my order. so i said i have to go, "you have a good day" and we left it at that

as a hind thought, i wished i had told the teller to hold on while we had talked and i would have withdrawn all of my money and closed my accounts there. the lady seemed friendly, and i would hate to ban the credit union, but there are lots of other banks that has no problem with me carrying to worry about one that won't let me self-defense. trying to decide if i should push the issue and go in there and challenge her weather or not i will be allowed to carry there

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

as a hind thought, i wished i had told the teller to hold on while we had talked and i would have withdrawn all of my money and closed my accounts there. the lady seemed friendly, and i would hate to ban the credit union, but there are lots of other banks that has no problem with me carrying to worry about one that won't let me self-defense. trying to decide if i should push the issue and go in there and challenge her weather or not i will be allowed to carry there

IMHO - you did the better thing - you educated and probably gave them a new prospective.

The tree of knowledge needs watering too
icon11.png

ncwabbit

1j9l9f0, et al., sorry didnt realize we had set something up firm...

so 1j9l9f0 which day sunday? or tues, wed would meet your schedule for our ad hoc meeting?

wabbit

papa bear

went with my grandkids and a friend to Golden Corral like we usually do at least once a week. grnadkids love it because they can get what they want.

now i have had good encounters there, but as i was sitting down to eat a woman at the next over table looked at me (maybe with a slight disgust on her face. ?) "what job do you do to have to carry a gun on you.
i said "well ma'am i don't do a job, but what i am is a LAC, a Law Abiding Citizen. she went "oh". i said aren't you a LAC also. she said "i should say so". i said do you carry, at which she said NO. i said well you should and that all women should. she said "well i have a gun...at home". i said well it wasn't doing you a lot of good there. at which she fell silent and i went to eating.

smlawrence

Met a buddy of mine at the Chic_fil_a in Asheboro. There were 2 SHP in finishing up their b'fast when we went in. I didn’t pay them any mind but he told me they were both eye ******* my gun. We finished and just sat bs'ing for about an hour and then got up to leave. I noticed that they decided to go at the same time. I found it funny that they waited for us to go... No problems though. If I had known that they were waiting for us we would of took longer :lol:

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Met a buddy of mine at the Chic_fil_a in Asheboro. There were 2 SHP in finishing up their b'fast when we went in. I didn’t pay them any mind but he told me they were both eye ******* my gun. We finished and just sat bs'ing for about an hour and then got up to leave. I noticed that they decided to go at the same time. I found it funny that they waited for us to go... No problems though. If I had known that they were waiting for us we would of took longer :lol:

Just for grins, you could have left a copy of the NC Open Carry flyer on their windshield! :D

DocWest8404

so does it count for a "positive experince" if I have been OC'in a assault rifle with (6) 30-rd Mags, a 9mm with (3) mags, and a 7 inch knife every day for the last 7 months? And I haven't had a bad reaction yet.......

.40CLTlocal

so does it count for a "positive experince" if I have been OC'in a assault rifle with (6) 30-rd Mags, a 9mm with (3) mags, and a 7 inch knife every day for the last 7 months? And I haven't had a bad reaction yet.......

Positive for us. Thanks for your service. Stay safe.

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran

Considering the neighborhood, I'd say that sounds just about right. Thanks for your service and keep your head on a swivel.

bc.cruiser

Gotcher papers for that Class III? How do you CC those in the parks?

Stay ready.

J_Oliver

I was at the comfort inn in winston salem today for my CPO pool operator certification. All went well. No funny looks. The instructor did make a comment when I walked past to the effect of:"you expecting me to attempt to take you down?". We laughed it off. During a break I was standing out front smoking a cigarette when this lady walked up to me and starts asking questions.

Her: is that a glock 23?

Me: no, its a glock 19.

Her: I have a glock 23 I cc everyday. Mind if I handle it? My husband is cc'ing his .40 H&K usp compact.

Me: those are nice. However I don't unholster my sidearm in public unless I need to. More or less standing in the parking lot of a hotel.

Her: it's alright, me and my husband work for diplomatic security services out of D.C.

Me: I can't do that, sorry.

Her: okay, well here comes my husband. Baby! Show him your USP!

Her husband proceeds to walk outside, unholsters his gun, without an introduction or word to me, whick immediatly put me into overdrive and caused me to unsnap the thumb break on mine. He drops the mag, unchambers the round, locks the slide and shoves his gun at me.

Her husband: here.

I looked at it while he held it ever so cautiously.
Me: that's nice.

Her husband: I carry it for work.

Me: sweet. Those are nice.

Lady comes out with their room key and they rushed off.

...at this point I took a long breath, snapped the thumb break on my holster and smoked another cigarette.

Other than that, all went well! Passed my certification test and went home. How would you guys have handled this couple?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Carry24/7

I was at the comfort inn in winston salem today for my CPO pool operator certification. All went well. No funny looks. The instructor did make a comment when I walked past to the effect of:"you expecting me to attempt to take you down?". We laughed it off. During a break I was standing out front smoking a cigarette when this lady walked up to me and starts asking questions.

Her: is that a glock 23?

Me: no, its a glock 19.

Her: I have a glock 23 I cc everyday. Mind if I handle it? My husband is cc'ing his .40 H&K usp compact.

Me: those are nice. However I don't unholster my sidearm in public unless I need to. More or less standing in the parking lot of a hotel.

Her: it's alright, me and my husband work for diplomatic security services out of D.C.

Me: I can't do that, sorry.

Her: okay, well here comes my husband. Baby! Show him your USP!

Her husband proceeds to walk outside, unholsters his gun, without an introduction or word to me, whick immediatly put me into overdrive and caused me to unsnap the thumb break on mine. He drops the mag, unchambers the round, locks the slide and shoves his gun at me.

Her husband: here.

I looked at it while he held it ever so cautiously.
Me: that's nice.

Her husband: I carry it for work.

Me: sweet. Those are nice.

Lady comes out with their room key and they rushed off.

...at this point I took a long breath, snapped the thumb break on my holster and smoked another cigarette.

Other than that, all went well! Passed my certification test and went home. How would you guys have handled this couple?

Called in a MWAG and taught him a lesson. LOL :D

J_Oliver

Called in a MWAG and taught him a lesson. LOL :D

LOL! That would have been great. I think this is twice now a stupid person with a firearm has decided it was wise to handle/try to get me to handle their handgun in a very public place. I don't see how I manage to attract the wierd (wannabe) "experienced" people. I dress decent, mostly khaki's or nice, well fit jeans, with either a polo or a decent t-shirt (except for the time I wore this one http://www.badideatshirts.com:80/IM-FINE-T-SHIRT-P2200.aspx ). I try to remain as professional and presentable as possibly, while remaining comfortable. I just don't get it!

Last edited: