• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Negative LEO contact at harris teeter

kcGlock19

If it was me I'd of been highly annoyed (Nice version words) that the LEO treated me like a petty criminal and disarmed me with no probable cause nor any actual crimes committed. You owe that officer nothing in trying to take it "easy" because if he could of stuck something on you that night I bet he would. Honestly sounds like he was already having a bad night and then wanted to just hassle someone for his own personal needs.

Like others said already get all the official statements you can and then file a formal complaint and make him have to rectify what he did. We all do our best to follow the law and be considerate to others when needed.. It goes two ways.

I know the officer and hes a nice guy. He honestly just didn't know you could OC which is still no excuse. He wasn't mean and was respectful even though im 21 and hes late 30s early 40s. He gave me the gun back and when talked for a little afterwards about it. He was never cocky and even asked questions about OCing. So I feel like in this case he learned his mistake and hopefully a little karma will come my way. I am still hoping that I run into him again to talk more about it and let him know how i felt about it. Guilford County is fairly small and I know quite a few officers and my lifted jeep stands out so I don't want to write in a complaint if I can handle it in this manner because im sure the many breaks I have gotten for speeding and stuff will come to an end if it gets around.

62 Caddy

You have handled the situation properly and as others have said, the situation with HT is resolved. Your personal situation with the LEO seems to be amicable in your terms so that too is resolved. Nice job, carry on.

Last edited:

The Airframer

I'm not sure that I'd leave this one alone. I'd write a complaint just to ensure all the local LEO's understand the laws. Chances are if Deputy Dipetydooda has been on the force for 14 years without seeing anyone OC, others have been on the force as long or longer without seeing anyone OC either. Who knows what they know about the law if he made it up as he goes along? The complaint would only result in an "We sincerely appologize for the inconvenience" letter followed by "refresher training within our entire department has been conducted yada yada..." They won't single you out if that's what you're afraid of, and if they do just obide the law and you have nothing to fear. You may just be inviting another negative encounter by not writing them.

Last edited: