• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Firearms Coalition Progress ?

CowboyKen

No, I am condemning you for your penchant for complaining about their apparent 'lack of progress' as measured against your arbitrary goalposts; whether accurate or not.

What I see from you is that you will not see 'progress' unless something actually gets altered in firearms laws. "Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way."

OK, say we concede that it is unfair to look for "something actually get[ting] altered in firearms laws," at this point. How about an indication of some kind of progress in any one of the other ares that I asked about ~65 posts back? How about progress on any one of these four "Objectives"?

"Purpose and Objectives" from the NVFAC's web-site:

"- To coordinate, sponsor, and/or conduct competitive events."
What "competitive events" have been sponsored, or are planned?

"- To sponsor and/or conduct matches for the selection of teams to represent the State in the National Matches and/or other matches approved by the Board of Directors."
What has been done to organize this effort? Has a team been selected? Has the Board approved something?

"- To sponsor and/or conduct firearms training and education programs for firearms safety, self-defense, competitions, recreation and hunting."
What training has been sponsored or conducted? Or planned?

"- To promote the education and development of youth in marksmanship and firearms safety."
What youth education programs have been initiated?

Ken

They are completely non-political and much more to my interests.

Ken

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
No, I am condemning you for your penchant for complaining about their apparent 'lack of progress' as measured against your arbitrary goalposts; whether accurate or not.

What I see from you is that you will not see 'progress' unless something actually gets altered in firearms laws. "Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way."

In the smallest, simplest words that I can find to ask:

What has NVFAC done which YOU would call progress?

Don't worry about my criteria -- which you have incorrectly described anyhow -- use your own standards.

What have YOU seen NVFAC do which YOU would call progress? Toss it on out there, and then we can argue about whether or not it really is progress. So far, all you're doing is complaining that I don't agree with you that there has been some, but you keep refusing to say what it has been.

wrightme

In the smallest, simplest words that I can find to ask:

What has NVFAC done which YOU would call progress?

Don't worry about my criteria -- which you have incorrectly described anyhow -- use your own standards.

What have YOU seen NVFAC do which YOU would call progress? Toss it on out there, and then we can argue about whether or not it really is progress. So far, all you're doing is complaining that I don't agree with you that there has been some, but you keep refusing to say what it has been.

My view has already been presented. It wasn't good enough for you.

As I said, I am not playing that game with you. Your colors are known.

The questions that keep coming up ad nauseum have been answered to MY satisfaction. I cannot help you with yours.

Rollbar

This might be fitting :shocker:

IS%20to%20IS%20Not.jpg

CowboyKen

Update

To keep it fair and provide an update for any who are interested:

Mr Turner responded to my request this evening and advised me that the Treasurer is on vacation. I replied to Mr. Turner.

Ken

Just to give everyone an update, It has been one week now since I followed your advice and, using the NVFAC web-site contact page, asked for some information from the Treasurer.

I received what looks to me to be an automated e-mail response which says, "Thank you for contacting the Nevada Firearms Coalition. We will get back to you as soon as possible."

That's it so far. FYI the information I requested is required by law to be available to the public.

We will see.

Ken

wrightme

In other words, you have no progress to point to, but are keeping your faith that there will BE some.
No, that is a misrepresentation. You have seen the answers, you simply measure them against YOUR desired outcomes.

DVC said:
Fair enough.
No, it isn't. Making up a lie about me isn't fair.

DVC said:
I don't share your optimism, and would like nothing more that NVFAC to prove me and the other skeptics wrong.
Then "Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way."

If you 'would like nothing more that NVFAC to prove you wrong,' then join them to add to their clout.

Their true strength will be in their numbers. Without that, they aren't likely to be successful. Give them the chance by giving them the numbers.

If you truly would like the NVFAC to prove you wrong, you first must open your mind to that as a possibility, and lend your support instead of your derision.
No progress WILL be made. This "coalition" was intended to fill the place in the food chain which would have been taken by an effective and activist organization.
Yet no other organization was taking that 'place in the food chain.'

Last edited:

Frantic84

If you 'would like nothing more that NVFAC to prove you wrong,' then join them to add to their clout.
Their true strength will be in their numbers. Without that, they aren't likely to be successful. Give them the chance by giving them the numbers.

If you looked at history people rarely supported an IDEA (design, invention political movement) they supported a result. my best example is no one supported Nikola Tesla and his ideas he had to actually make them to get any money or support.

wrightme

If you looked at history people rarely supported an IDEA (design, invention political movement) they supported a result. my best example is no one supported Nikola Tesla and his ideas he had to actually make them to get any money or support.

False comparison. This 'idea' is already a political movement. The NVSCA is simply one avenue for that movement to attempt to acheive goals.

And, results will likely prove impossible without membership numbers, as I have been attempting to point out.

Last edited:

Frantic84

False comparison. This 'idea' is already a political movement. The NVSCA is simply one avenue for that movement to attempt to acheive goals.

And, results will likely prove impossible without membership numbers, as I have been attempting to point out.

see everyone that wasn't so hard! not very argumentative, concise and to to point. opinions aside progress is measured independently. I would join to at least get some info and If Don't agree I would leave, but alas like most people I lack the funds to even find out. so I come here to get as much free "information" as possible.

DVC

Sorry, it works the other way around. Do something worthy of support, and I will support. I will march with you, but it has to be toward a goal, not around in circles while bragging about how someday we're going to march toward a goal.

Yet no other organization was taking that 'place in the food chain.'

Stillwater had the potential to do so.

wrightme

Sorry, it works the other way around. Do something worthy of support, and I will support. I will march with you, but it has to be toward a goal, not around in circles while bragging about how someday we're going to march toward a goal.
If that is what you think, then you haven't been paying attention.
DVC said:
Stillwater had the potential to do so.
No, it didn't. SFA is a local organization. It's goal never was to fit that role. It was discussed.

varminter22

Stillwater is a local organization which got a lot more done than the NRA-sponsored state organization has done.
I sincerely thank you for your kind words regarding Stillwater Firearms Ass'n. I'm proud of SFA.

As I've noted many time before here, I/we (SFA) worked with the NRA in the Nevada legislature. Without the NRA, our successes would not have been nearly as many. I've provided examples here.

It continues to boggle the mind that you expect mountains to be moved in NVFAC's first few months of existence - and there has been no legislative session since NVFAC was formed.

As SFA was the "defacto" statewide ass'n for some years and enjoyed successes, I also note I don't recall you joining SFA.

As another poster said, this thread has been beat to death. I surely would appreciate your support in giving NVFAC a chance.

wrightme

Stillwater is a local organization which got a lot more done than the NRA-sponsored state organization has done.
You mean the Nevada Rifle/Pistol assn? Their lack of progress wasn't a failure of the NRA. The NRA was looking for an organization that was more active than they were.

We at the SFA had successes because we actually tried to have successes, and because we had the support of the NRA.

The NSRPA wasn't trying to do anything, and they stopped communicating.

DVC

I also note I don't recall you joining SFA.

I got here two years ago, and have spent much of the time since working on contracts that had me on the other side of the country. Right now, I'm a long way from home for my work, and dealing with some crises for people who are important to me.

There hasn't been time to join ANYTHING.

wrightme

I got here two years ago, and have spent much of the time since working on contracts that had me on the other side of the country. Right now, I'm a long way from home for my work, and dealing with some crises for people who are important to me.

There hasn't been time to join ANYTHING.

Yet you TAKE time to badmouth that which is affiliated with those you dislike, though they are on our side, and are working towards 2a goals. Just not to the metrics you prefer.

And, foremost, if you have TIME to type in this forum as you have been, you had TIME enough to JOIN any of the mentioned groups; as that is all the TIME it would take to join any of them, lending your number to the true strength of any such group. If you work to decrease or minimize the numbers that the NVFAC have available, you are working against them as surely as if you had joined the VPC or the Brady Bunch.

Last edited: