• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Firearms Coalition Progress ?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

We need a definition for "pump action" with the introduction of the Judge, we have all sorts of new "handgun ammo" being introduced, and it wont be long befor someone puts a rifled barrel and a pistol grip on a 870 remington... in .410 of course they wont consider that a derringer.

Rollbar

Well I joined the NFC a week or so ago and told JL if he needed any help I would help (with in reason/my schedule).

I USE to be a member of the NRA but not any more, I would like to see the NFC step up and be noticed/visual so others can/will join forces with us. I do agree the organization is new, and there are thing being worked on, BUT, we as a group (NFC) need to be leaders in Nv/the gun rights of us/others. I am not worried about the NRA (!), and if the NFC decides to do what is best, in the best interest of Nv/us/others without the NRA's approval then by all means let's do it and get it done. I agree it won't happen over night, but let's look forward to tomorrow and work that day to get things accomplished. In my humble opinion, the NFC needs/should stand on their own two feet/members and not hold on to the coat tails of the NRA (If that is happening-I don't know, I just became a member). JL did mention things he is working on and would like to see corrected of which I agree. As I read this whole post, I would like those to join forces to start a new into something that can benefit all so this organization can and will be respected in the Government of which we live.

Jim

P.S. Maybe at the next OC dinner we can talk about such issues or a local NFC meeting. Just a thought.

Rollbar

Since this is public information, as I see it, (and I don't see where it will hurt to post this-if so I will delete it-just let me know) I thought it would be nice to share it with those who may have questions about the NFC, and steps the organization is taking, it is a start with more in the works from what I have been told.

This is not intended to get a debate going on this PDF.

Please remember the infancy of the organization and the weight it holds as of the date written in the letter.

http://www.nvfac.org/images/documents/statement-nrs-407-105-rule-change.pdf

NEVADA FIREARMS COALITION
5575 Simmons Street, Suite 1-176
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89031
www.nvfac.org

October 5, 2011

Nevada Division of State Parks
901 S Stewart St, Ste. 5005
Carson City NV
89701-5248

Gentlemen:
The Nevada Firearms Coalition provides the following comments in regards to the required amendment of State
Parks Regulations, Chapter 407.105 in accordance with Nevada law effective July 1, 2011 (AB-282).

407.105.1. (b) Discharge a firearm; we suggest that the wording be amended to state: Discharge a firearm unless
in defense of human life

407.105.1. (d) Throw a knife, hatchet, spear, stone or projectile; we suggest that the wording be amended to
state: Throw a knife, hatchet or spear. It is hard to imagine that a child throwing a rock would be subject to legal
consequences. This is an overstatement of intent, or just poorly worded.

407.105.2 We suggest the wording be amended as follows:
2. The administrator will designate zones in which a properly licensed person may take wildlife with any legal
device as designated by the Board of Wildlife Commissioners pursuant to chapter 503 of NAC. At each park in
which a zone is designated pursuant to this subsection, the ranger in charge of the region or the supervisor of the
park shall post for public display at the headquarters of the park, and at each area within the park the designated
zones

3. There is no reference in this rule as to what constitutes a “designated firing range.” From your public
documents it does not appear that the Parks Department owns or operates any “designated firing ranges” and if
there is no intent to provide “designated firing ranges” or designated firing areas within state parks, then this
paragraph is deceptive and should be stricken. Paragraph 407.105.1(b) accomplishes the same fact. If however,
there is a designated “firing range” on a State park, this paragraph should provide for the following:

3. The administrator will designate a firing range, or designated firing areas, and allow for the operation of
same. At each park in which a firing range or firing area is designates the ranger in charge of the region or the
supervisor of the park shall post for public display at the headquarters of the park, and at each area within the
park the designated firing ranges or designated firing areas

Sincerely,

Don Turner, President
“The Nevada Firearms Coalition is dedicated to the ownership and safe use of firearms for self-defense,
competition, recreation and hunting.”

gonefishn

Hey Rollbar,

Can you post the Newsletter on here? I hear there is a newsletter on the NVFAC web site that tells what is going on.

Rollbar

Don't see anything posted unless I'm looking in the wrong place; but it should be w/in the same category/listing as the other one. Maybe by the end of March.

Rollbar

No new news but they will post when the legislature convenes etc. We will see. Join up and help if you want.

gonefishn

Why does the NVFAC have such a huge communication problem? Members questions go unanswered! No public information on goals they are working on! How do they expect to attract members? :banghead: They expect people to blindly throw their money away? I put my money in organizations that consistantly hold meetings, openly display to the public what they are working on, and communicate with the members.

Rollbar

Why does the NVFAC have such a huge communication problem? Members questions go unanswered! No public information on goals they are working on! How do they expect to attract members? :banghead: They expect people to blindly throw their money away? I put my money in organizations that consistantly hold meetings, openly display to the public what they are working on, and communicate with the members.

I have no idea. IF, IF, it were me, I would put the word out/what we are doing/stand for etc so other could see/join an interested group of gun owners who won't take the political garbage-thus when the politicians see us coming they will think twice on their vote. I'm all for telling a politician that I will or will not vote for them.

I just joined a week or so ago after talking to JL (Northwest Area division director), a nice guy who does have the vision and standing for us as gun owners. I did convey my willingness to help any way I could. I do understand they are new, but, I would still do everything I could to get the word out like you say so the mass in numbering would affect the politicians etc. If their is a hidden agenda or Black Ops mission, I am not aware of it, but would like to be.

I am not knocking anyone at NFAC, they are doing what they think is best but I would contend that information be spread among the gun community to further the agenda at hand.

If you will notice, the NRA (not a member) does put things forthright, BUT, then, has to stand by those things (well most of the time). I would like to take a stand on some things and back them only if I knew what they were.

Again, no one take these things as bashing any one or fueling the fire-just constructive objections to understanding the roll of the NFAC.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Why does the NVFAC have such a huge communication problem?

A better question is whether they have anything to communicate ABOUT . . ?

By not saying anything about what they are doing, they don't have to admit that they are simply wasting time.

"yī cùn guāng yīn yī cùn jīn ;
lǎo shī shuō guò cùn jīn nán mǎi cùn guāng yīn."

("An inch of time is an inch of gold;
Teacher has said 'with an inch of gold, it is impossible to buy an inch of time.'")

DON`T TREAD ON ME

So I asked the NVFAC if they wanted to help on a "special assignment" that I have going. where I am setting up a lawsuit for the Sheriffs and chiefs,
While they did not decline, they did not come on board either. So after a few weeks I wrote the letter myself and it worked just fine. here is my letter:

Legislative Building February 27, 2012
401 S. Carson Street.
Carson City, Nevada 89701

Dear Administrator:

I am a member of several non-profit groups that are active in the community and other regions of the State. My inquiry is to the availability of the committee meeting rooms, when not in use by the Legislature. The prospect of utilizing the video link is appealing. Here are my questions:

• Is the Legislative / Sawyer building available to non-profit entities?

• What are the procedures / criteria involved in the utilization of these public resources?

• What would the fee schedule be for the different committee rooms?

• What is the availability of the rooms and the video conferencing?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Respectfully submitted,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89XXX

I had expected there response to be that the building is for "State use only" or some outrageeous fees involved for non-profits. (even though I would have disagreed with the practice)

STATE OF NEVADA
LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL BUREAU
LEGISLATIVE COMMISSION (775) 684-6800
STEVEN A. HORSFORD, Senator, Chairman
Lome 1. Maikiewich, Director, Secretary
LEGISLATIVE BUILDING
401 S. CARSON STREET
CARSON CITY, NEVADA 89701-4747
Fax No.: (775) 684-6600
LORNE 1. MALKIEWICH, Director
(775) 684-6800

INTERIM FINANCE COMMITTEE (775) 684-6821
DEBBIE SMITH, Assemblywoman, Chair
Rick Combs, Fiscal Analyst
Mark Krmporic, Fiscal Analyst
BRENDA 1. ERDOES, Legislative Counsel (775) 684-6830
PAUL V. TOWNSEND, Legislative Auditor (775) 684-6815
DONALD O. WILLIAMS, Research Director (775) 684-6825

Hello Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Thank you for your letter requesting information about the use of the Legislative building in Carson City
and the Grant Sawyer building in Las Vegas.

Our rooms in both locations are available for use during the interim period between Legislative sessions.
The buildings are not allowed to be used December 1st preceding a session through June so" following a
session. We are able to videoconference between our committee rooms at the Legislative building and
our committee rooms at the Grant Sawyer Building.

The fee for videoconferencing for the private sector is $100 per hour during normal business hours. The
fee is $120 for after hours if you require a camera operator. The fee for state agencies is $25 per hour
during normal business hours and $45 per hour for after hours. If you do not require a camera operator,
there is no charge for videoconferencing. If there is not a camera operator, you will need to determine
at what angle (wide dais or wide witness/audience area) you would like the camera to be set.

There is no charge for using our rooms during business hours; however, after hours, we would have to
charge you overtime costs for any personnel required. For instance, there would be a $45 per hour fee
for each Legislative Police staff person required; $35 per hour fee for each janitorial staff; $45 per hour
fee for each technical staff person; and $40 per hour for each Grounds staff person required if there is
inclement weather that requires snow removal.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like more information.

Becky Wood
State of Nevada
Legislative Counsel Bureau
Broadcast & Production Services
401 South Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701
775-684-6990 (office)
775-684-6988 (fax)
bwood@lcb.state.nv.us

Sorry for the format I had to scan it into WORD and copy/paste as my attachment gizmo is full,

This is totally NOT what I expected, however it bears no bad tidings on my case, it was merely a loose end I was tying up. This is Great news for We the People Should we get a "rights Organization" that really wants to go after our Govt. In that arena this legislative building, video conference can be important for Tool for keeping the divided State United. In defense of the NVFAC, no other "non-Profit" wanted to write the letter above. I don't worry about it, We found out it is available for us to use if we want... And if we use it alot, that in itself would make a statement.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Call the moderater. If he wants to take it off he will. If you think it needs to be somewhere else, copy/paste and start a new thread yourself. Was there no one else to argue with today?

Rollbar

Good job on the letter. My dad always told me a squeaky wheel gets greased and I believe it.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
NV said:
...The fee for videoconferencing for the private sector is $100 per hour during normal business hours. The
fee is $120 for after hours if you require a camera operator. The fee for state agencies is $25 per hour
during normal business hours and $45 per hour for after hours. ...

If the NSCA used this feature, can we find out how much they paid?