• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy. First encounter.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hollabakzach23

...I guess I just don't understand why I have received so much negative attention at some of the most open carry friendly locations around town.
I wouldn't call it negative, simply misinformed. Hopefully those employees will think before they:

1. Misrepresent their own store policy

2. Project their unsupported opinions

upon future legally armed customers.
Always, repeat always, report such conduct to the store manager. If that doesn't straighten out the problem, continue on up the food chain.

oc1911

I was back packing in the Bob Marshall willderness in MT some years back when I ran into a couple from CA. We were filling water bottles at the same creek crossing. We sat there talking about fishing and camping spots when she notice my 357 mag it its shoulder holster.

She say is that a pepper spray gun I say no it is a 357 mag. She goes on about pepper spray is much better then handguns for bears. We argreed to disagree and went on are ways.

You should have just replied with "It's not for protection from bears...I have pepper spray for that" Then she would have just walked away confused.