• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy here.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If you are NOT carrying your firearm, then you are not being practical. You never know when the one time you need your gun will be, so it is prudent to be armed at all times. I've been in one situation when I was younger where I needed my gun and did not have it. Thank god I came out alive and I'm standing here today raising my children, but it could have been much worse. It is always practical to be armed. Remember: carrying a firearm is not supposed to be comfortable, it's supposed to be comforting!

I can carry a glock 20 or full size 1911 concealed under a t-shirt with my IWB holsters, and I am not a very large guy. I would recommend the comp-tac minatour IWB. It is the most comfortable and concealable IWB holster I have ever owned. The galco king-tuk is also a good choice. Never leave home without your firearm!

I would also suggest having your wife read the armed citizen columns on the NRA's website. These true tales of self defense with firearms will make her more aware of the need to be armed at all times. Not to mention they are very interesting.

Welcome to the forum, both of you!