• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

solus

Are you feeling left out again?

Come on up and we'll take care of you.

stay safe.

this from the olde phart who got punked through intellectual superiority?

sounds like a threat of pay back for this august gentleman?

truly not sure the aftermath could be withstood skid!!

just saying, ya know

ipse

Last edited by a moderator:

The Truth

Bahaha

Welcome to the forum! Come on out to the dinner on Tuesday!

It's seems you've had your vaccinations in this thread, you should be able to withstand the virus itself ;)

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Just watch Santa. Not sure he had all his shots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hey! I've been shot at many times. Mostly by marksmen who studied under the NYPD or ISIS/ISIL/IBIL and the dreaded IMIL. As of today they are 0 for 17.

Marlin Perkins used to say that as long as you kept your hands outside the cage you were safe. :p

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
this from the olde phart who got punked through intellectual superiority?

sounds like a threat of pay back for this august gentleman?

truly not sure the aftermath could be withstood skid!!

just saying, ya know

ipse

Punked? The location and time was posted. Sure took a lot of detectivating to figure out where to send it.

"August" gentleman? Seriously, dood, you got to get your calendar fixed - even I know it's now September.

If I were to do payback you would regret it to your dying day, if you lived that long.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Liberty-or-Death

Welcome to the forum Zscorpion44.
... you will begin to understand how this fraternity of ours works and will suck you in to become a member yourself.
Please note that you can be a member without having to drink the koolaid or being brainwashed/transformed into an Olde Phart.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to the forum Zscorpion44.

Please note that you can be a member without having to drink the koolaid or being brainwashed/transformed into an Olde Phart.
The process is inevitable and even now is on track to accomplish the task w/o your having to sign on intentionally. Resistance is futile. :p

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I've had the conversation with Mr. Liberty-or-Death. He expressed several reasons why he declines to be a joiner. Those reasons were valid and I continue to respect them.

But his less than subtle attempts to try and steer someone else away from the Oulde Phartes Marching and Chowder Society Synchronized Breakfasts/Cardiac Recovery Team are puzzling. Unless it's related to that time at Golden Corral when I was unsuccessfully struggling to recall his name so I could say hello to him. (He went in while we were still gathering and came out when everybody was outside discussing what we had discussed inside.)

He came and tried us out. For various reasons he decided that it was not for him. No pressure that I can recall was put on him to change his mind. AFAIK he will be welcome if he decides at some future time to check us out again.

Either way, I'm pretty sure nobody wishes or thinks ill of him - except as noted above.

stay safe.

Liberty-or-Death

I don't discourage anyone from feeding at the trough. I merely iterate that it is not required for membership.

(Yes, I did try them out for a while but I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't fit in. And I'm perfectly fine with that.)

I enjoy the fact that no one has the ability to dictate to me my level of activity. I'm sure there are plenty of old , wise , sages of the ages that will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I'm a member in good standing, with all honors and benefits, without knowing the secret handshake, inside jokes, or the joys of fraternity.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I don't discourage anyone from feeding at the trough. I merely iterate that it is not required for membership.

(Yes, I did try them out for a while but I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't fit in. And I'm perfectly fine with that.)

I enjoy the fact that no one has the ability to dictate to me my level of activity. I'm sure there are plenty of old , wise , sages of the ages that will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I'm a member in good standing, with all honors and benefits, without knowing the secret handshake, inside jokes, or the joys of fraternity.

Aha! Some confusion appears to be taking place.

Let me see if I can at least identify the major points -

Membership in the "Oulde Phartes Marching and Chowder Society Synchronized Breakfasts/Cardiac Recovery Team" requires frequent participation in the club's events. We have a member who is neither old or infirm and shows up maybe twice a year; that is frequent enough for him to be a member in good standing.

There are the OC dinners, which are mostly attended by a sub-group of Richmond-area individuals who post in/read the "OC in Richmond" thread. Some folks who tend to hang out in an "OC in __" thread covering a different geographic area sometimes join us, just as some of sometimes join them when they get around to holding a meet&greet. (Yes, that is a dig at them to encourage them to become more active.)

Then there are the folks who post on OCDO without participating in any of the social or activist events. If they post in the "OC in Richmond" thread, they are members of that group. If they post in the Virginia forum they are members of that larger group. This includes OCDO users from other states and other states of mind. Even those that live in Birnam Wood.

stay safe.

Liberty-or-Death

The process is inevitable and even now is on track to accomplish the task w/o your having to sign on intentionally. Resistance is futile. [emoji14]
Borg-Queen.jpg

I am no Locutus ... I think I can resist.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Borg-Queen.jpg

I am no Locutus ... I think I can resist.

Yeah, but only the inner circles of the borg. You have already been assimilated into the first three circles.

Need to preface this with the comment that this is not meant to be mean, nasty, disparaging or an expression of "the clique" - we only want those that want to be there. Please let me know (probably by PM) if anybody tries to twist your arm into becoming more involved than you want to be. I'm not a moderator for OCDO or the "Oulde Phartes Marching and Chowder Society Synchronized Breakfasts/Cardiac Recovery Team" or the OC Dinners but I write a mean stern note.

stay safe.

The Truth

I could see how one might not "fit in" per se, but one thing is for sure - If you pay close enough attention to the Olde Pharts, your wits will likely sharpen themselves out of necessity. Haha!

Come again L-o-D. You can NOT fit in right there with me. (I do believe I am half the age of most in attendance, haha)

Liberty-or-Death

Never met you The Truth, we might "fit in" together just peachy. I don't think it's an age thing, more of a personality or cultural anthropology thing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I could see how one might not "fit in" per se, but one thing is for sure - If you pay close enough attention to the Olde Pharts, your wits will likely sharpen themselves out of necessity. Haha!

Come again L-o-D. You can NOT fit in right there with me. (I do believe I am half the age of most in attendance, haha)
Cornfusious say, Haf ah so is better than no ah so. :lol: