• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New mug shot attire.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Glock9mmOldStyle wrote:
This is a misnomer in My opinion, and remember folks opinions are just that. I try to back mine up with facts when ever I can. You see I unlike some that have a follow the talking points mentality; I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE INDEPENDENT THOUGHT.

I had hoped most of you would be reasonable and respect that, but maybe I was in error?

I think one of the prior post nailed it pretty good! I will try not to offend the diehard right faction here by referring to myself as a patriot 1st in future posts. As I truly believe in freedom enough to respect your opinions even if I don't care for them.

As to the jabs about Dems always wanting to take your/mine guns away you may want to look at this.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/76717-gun-control-group-gives-obama-an-f

If I'm not welcome here just have an Admin. tell me so & I'll leave, ask for my membership fees back and take my support for this group with me. The last thing you should want is to drive people away for having exercised their rights, correct?

Well I'm getting ready to take a nice OC stroll through town.
I believe you are welcome here, although that is up to YOU.

I have not seen anyone ask you to leave, but you are welcome to stay or go as YOU determine (as long as you follow Forum Rules). You need not refer to yourself with partisan labels as it is just not needed here, although you are free to refer to yourself as YOU determine. What I do ask is that you look at your posts - if you truly want to be Post/Non-Partisan, it starts with YOU.

If someone takes offense at something I have said/done, it is a CHOICE made by that person as it truly has NOTHING to do with me (unless I have been outside my values). If we allow other's choices (READ: Taking Offense) to determine our choices, OC in MI would not have come as far as it has.

I believe that the OCDO Forum "Founding Fathers" have it correct - stay out of Political Discussions.

BTW - Many here see my ID and think I am involved in the Police Department, when it is really just my Initials and an ID taken longer ago than I have been OC'ing. One can only imagine how people who have been oppressed by the Police at times react to it. I shall not change it to satisfy anyone other than myself.

Slave

imported post

wolverine1856 wrote:
I guess since this thread has not been locked it does not violate the rules.

First off I am an independent. I do not affiliate myself with any particular party.

Glock9mmOldStyle you can play passive aggressive all you want but there is one undeniable trend I see when looking at Democrats and Republicans. One party has constantly and consistently (key word here) voted to restrict my 2A rights. The other has not.

I can’t believe somebody would come on this board and say they are pro 2A and then say they are progressive and a democrat. You cannot be both my friend since in todays world one seeks to destroy the other.

I am pro 2A, and I have voted for a couple democrats, a couple repubs and an independent(Pero, Clinton, Bush, Gore, De Voss). Don't believe me? So what. Only opinion of yours that should matter is that you also support 2A. Vote for who you like.

Who made republicans the experts on who can be pro2A or not? Last I checkedGlock was free to vote for whohe likes, and support the 2nd just the same.

Stupid posts like these are demonizing gun supporters and making 2A supporters look like racist butt hurt idiots.

Kill the anti gun lobby with facts, actions and deeds. Obama by himself can not introduce a bill, can't pass one on his own, he can only ask for what he wants and hopes.

Vote out Representatives and Senators who want to take our rights, and us fellow2A supporters need to lose this whole notion of Democrats being evil. Just take fellow gun supporters as what we are, gun supporters. In the end Glock wants what you want with guns. I do too.

Why do anti Obama people spend so much time hating people who voted for him, especially when we are all gun toting 2nd Amendment supporters and have the same goals in mind with it.