• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New permit. looking for carry tips

arrowstr4

Obviously you should become familiar with the applicable laws of your state. Private property (stores and shops) may make their own rules, so such is on an individual basis.

The primary focus here is on open carry and the promotion of that. I beg to differ that such "asks for negative attention." I would however agree that if you cannot project a good attitude that you might spend some time working on that.........no matter how you chose to carry.

Don't be a dick because I feel the way I do about a certain aspect of it. Looking at the youtube videos of OC, it clearly acquires negative attention. People go out looking for a confrontation so that they can 'outsmart the cop'. So they can read the code officially and make a 'statement' that they are smarter than the cop. I am for gun rights and the ability to do so as I also feel as if we should have our rights as set forth by state and local laws as well as federal given rights. Do I think they need to know the law and such, HELL YES they should! I realize and support the right to OC, people just don't respond well to it AS SEEN ON 183+ videos I have watched. I'm just not up for being hassled everyday I open carry. It is just not worth it. Will I do it, YES! Everyday, NO! It is not worth the constant badgering and hassling by the LEO's etc....

Last edited:

georg jetson

Don't be a dick because I feel the way I do about a certain aspect of it. Looking at the youtube videos of OC, it clearly acquires negative attention. People go out looking for a confrontation so that they can 'outsmart the cop'. So they can read the code officially and make a 'statement' that they are smarter than the cop. I am for gun rights and the ability to do so as I also feel as if we should have our rights as set forth by state and local laws as well as federal given rights. Do I think they need to know the law and such, HELL YES they should! I realize and support the right to OC, people just don't respond well to it AS SEEN ON 183+ videos I have watched. I'm just not up for being hassled everyday I open carry. It is just not worth it. Will I do it, YES! Everyday, NO! It is not worth the constant badgering and hassling by the LEO's etc....

You are basing your remarks on an unreliable source. From my experience, ocing acquires positive attention. However, you're admitted character flaws CAN garner some negative attention and it would be advisable to improve in that area.

This is an OPEN CARRY website. Might you take your cc questions elsewhere...

arrowstr4

You are basing your remarks on an unreliable source. From my experience, ocing acquires positive attention. However, you're admitted character flaws CAN garner some negative attention and it would be advisable to improve in that area.

This is an OPEN CARRY website. Might you take your cc questions elsewhere...

**** Off!!! I will speak where I wish...

--Moderator Statement--

Not so. OCDO is private property and user/members are quests here subject to some restraints and controls. Neither improper language nor bad attitudes are acceptable. Violation may result in censure including loss of all privileges.

We welcome new members, but expect them to post responsibly. Hope that a word to the wise will be sufficient.

MSRebel54

I am for gun rights and the ability to do so as I also feel as if we should have our rights as set forth by state and local laws as well as federal given rights.

"Federal given rights"?????????

Can someone explain to me what a 'Federal given right' is? Better yet, can someone explain to me what a "given right" is, federal or not?