• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newest wording for guns on employers' premises

TFred

imported post

livitup wrote:
I thought of that, Repeater. It's the only hope for me as I currently work in a building with both a gated lot and a badge-access system.

Before I send an email off to the Gov, though, I wonder if some slightly more coordinated effort than each of us randomly sending emails would be beneficial?
Why not wait and see what happens in the Senate? Before it gets out of there, anything you send the Governor will just be noise. I don't mean that in a bad way, but there is simply no point in even bringing this up until it becomes something he can actually act on.

ETA: With the record of the Senate and the stacked committees, any effort would probably be better spent watching where the bill goes and petitioning the Senators in those committees and subcommittees.

TFred

Repeater

imported post

TFred wrote:
livitup wrote:
I thought of that, Repeater. It's the only hope for me as I currently work in a building with both a gated lot and a badge-access system.

Before I send an email off to the Gov, though, I wonder if some slightly more coordinated effort than each of us randomly sending emails would be beneficial?
Why not wait and see what happens in the Senate? Before it gets out of there, anything you send the Governor will just be noise. I don't mean that in a bad way, but there is simply no point in even bringing this up until it becomes something he can actually act on.

ETA: With the record of the Senate and the stacked committees, any effort would probably be better spent watching where the bill goes and petitioning the Senators in those committees and subcommittees.

TFred
That's right. Keep your powder dry. Wait and see what happens in the Senate.

The time to write to the Governor -- if at all -- is after the bill is Enrolled.