• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News flash - Peter Nap in hospital

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Went to see peternap at the hurtspital today. He's supposed to be moved out of ICU but there are no empty rooms and apparently his reputation has preceeded him as nobody is volunteerinng to let him bunk in with them.

He's sitting up some. Sore (as in has pains). Tired - very tired. Apparently at lunchtime today they let him try some soft foods (Jello, pudding, some pink goop that might have been yogurt). It's an experiment in progress.

Did I mention he was tired?

Please continue your positive thoughts for him.

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Ain't life grand

Went to see peternap at the hurtspital today. He's supposed to be moved out of ICU but there are no empty rooms and apparently his reputation has preceeded him as nobody is volunteerinng to let him bunk in with them.

He's sitting up some. Sore (as in has pains). Tired - very tired. Apparently at lunchtime today they let him try some soft foods (Jello, pudding, some pink goop that might have been yogurt). It's an experiment in progress.

Did I mention he was tired?

Please continue your positive thoughts for him.

stay safe.

5 days in January with a massive headache due to Nitro patch on my shoulder and 2 Cath's and stints was nothing compared to what he has been thru. Thankfully, he is made of sterner stuff. Hopefully, he will be able to rejoin the OPC soon. He is missed. Hang in there buddy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Peter looks like he fought a grizzly bear......and won. That's a very good thing. :lol:

Mending is going to take some time and not a little effort, but from what I've seen he can do most anything to which he sets his mind. He's definitely made of stern stuff.

We're there for you Peter, we'll ride again!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I posted an update on the Virginia Hunting Forum which he asked about. Does that count? :rolleyes:

He only asks about that because he knows Kerby and that guy in Mathews hang out there (a good reason not to stay there too long, if you ask me).

I heard that Kerby, Sailor Curt, Lorrie Haas and the Goddards all got together and sent him a get-well card. I also heard that something was said about "I now have a reason to live - to exact revenge."

stay safe.

67GT390FB

He only asks about that because he knows Kerby and that guy in Mathews hang out there (a good reason not to stay there too long, if you ask me).

I heard that Kerby, Sailor Curt, Lorrie Haas and the Goddards all got together and sent him a get-well card. I also heard that something was said about "I now have a reason to live - to exact revenge."

stay safe.

It was a sympathy card they had not heard the good news of peters recovery.

Bob1

I typically agree with what you write, Paul, but you're off the mark on this one. Besides, Nap's one of the site's benefactors.

Watch out about saying disparaging things about a complementary site. You'll be getting one of Dale's backdoor, off-line, naughty-boy grams. Naw, you don't need to ask how I know about those. :uhoh:

Tanner

I can fix this!

As of yesterday I am currently in the process of getting back to VA! I got a awesome job that allows me to move back so that I can bother you old guys again with my ignorance =^)

Once Don hears me say you can't have a gun in a commercial motor vehicle I'm guessing he jumps out of bed to strangle me with his IV tubes.

Hoping to get there by Friday.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As of yesterday I am currently in the process of getting back to VA! I got a awesome job that allows me to move back so that I can bother you old guys again with my ignorance =^)

Once Don hears me say you can't have a gun in a commercial motor vehicle I'm guessing he jumps out of bed to strangle me with his IV tubes.

Hoping to get there by Friday.
Will be good to have you back Tanner - unlike some others, you are willing to listen and learn :)

Don will be on his feet before too long I hope and reclaim his rightful school master's chair.