• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next Open Carry event?

grishnav

imported post

Ok...

My availability for this weekend changed, so it sounds like we land on June 28th around Noon at the Sunshite Pizza in St. Helens, OR for the next Oregon OpenCarry meetup.

Map

Feel free to invite friends and family, whether they carry openly, concealed, or not at all!

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds like a plan. On the calendar.

Should we be proactive in contacting Sunshine pizzato make sure there isn't any 'issues'? Reservations?

I'll also want to note, that the local police have nothing else to do between Scappoose and St Helens than to pull people over for speeding.

grishnav

imported post

Puddin99 wrote:
Sounds like a plan. On the calendar.

Should we be proactive in contacting Sunshine pizzato make sure there isn't any 'issues'? Reservations?

I'll also want to note, that the local police have nothing else to do between Scappoose and St Helens than to pull people over for speeding.
Thanks for the warning.

I think it would be prudent to contact Sunshine in advance. Anybody want to take up the cause? Preferably someone who eats there regularly? If not, I'll get in touch with them.

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

grishnav wrote:
Ok...

My availability for this weekend changed, so it sounds like we land on June 28th around Noon at the Sunshite Pizza in St. Helens, OR for the next Oregon OpenCarry meetup.

Map

Feel free to invite friends and family, whether they carry openly, concealed, or not at all!

Too far for me...

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

My mother and I will be attending June 28th around Noon at the Sunshite Pizza in St. Helens, OR.

problem solved.

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

what about the full address to this place?

is someone contacting the pizza place to see if they are cool with it?

grishnav

imported post

NaT805 wrote:

Full address is:

2124 Columbia Blvd
St Helens, OR 97051

If nobody volunteerrs in the next day or two, I'll make sure to call and ask.

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

grishnav wrote:
NaT805 wrote:

Full address is:

2124 Columbia Blvd
St Helens, OR 97051

If nobody volunteerrs in the next day or two, I'll make sure to call and ask.
I think you just volunteered yourself :lol:

SetivaSicWood

imported post

Because a private business was selected as our gathering place, without their consent we may not be welcome.

I suggest that if the pizza shop dosen't pan out, we consider either George Rogers park in L.O. or Champoeg state park south of Newberg.

grishnav

imported post

Hey guys-

I apologize, but I haven't been able to get ahold of management. I've been really busy at work (and looking for work), and the couple of times I've called, they've been busy or not there.

I think we ought to stick with the plan, but be weary that we should leave if asked. If anyone else has a chance to give it a shot, I'd appreciate it.