• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NH non-resident license fee to increase 500%

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

When such fees are raised by such a high amount, it only effects the working class not the wealthy. In my opinion it therefor becomes not a little discriminatory.

Yata hey

Riana

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
I've always thought that paying taxes should entitle you to vote.
I agree. Funny how I don't own anything in VA, but I can vote here because I live here. I own a place in NH, and have no vote on the taxes I pay there - isn't that taxation without representation?

KBCraig

imported post

Riana wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
I've always thought that paying taxes should entitle you to vote.
I agree. Funny how I don't own anything in VA, but I can vote here because I live here. I own a place in NH, and have no vote on the taxes I pay there - isn't that taxation without representation?
Ayuh.

It's a shame that after using that rally point for the Declaration and Revolution, the Founders didn't proscribe that practice in either the Articles or the Constitution.

jay75009

imported post

has this increase actually happened yet, i was thinking about getting my non-resident for NH. that way when im on my way to vermont i dont have to worry about concealing. if it hasnt i may just go apply tomorrow :)

mrjam2jab

imported post

jay75009 wrote:
has this increase actually happened yet, i was thinking about getting my non-resident for NH. that way when im on my way to vermont i dont have to worry about concealing. if it hasnt i may just go apply tomorrow :)

July 1, 2009....