• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No Handguns Allowed" A new form of racism?

G

Gentleman Ranker

imported post

Alexcabbie (23 December 2008 Tuesday 04:14) says:

I certainly dont and I dont think anybody else here does either and if I gave the impression this was the case I am very sorry indeed.
Accepted.

I am sorry also if I misinterpreted your post or overreacted. I could have asked you what you meant rather than flying off the handle that way.

Allow me to say, though, in the most friendly and respectful way, that when once cites a single person's words, without expansion or explanation, and then refers immediately to an infamous war criminal, misunderstandings are perhaps a bit easier than they could be.

Pax.

regards,

GR

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Gentleman Ranker wrote:
My apologies, Hawkflyer for the misattribution. I found nothing offensive in your post and apologize again if it seemed that way.

I hope that I have similarly misunderstood Alexcabbie, and if I have I will apologize to him in turn.

As you can tell, I feel rather strongly about this subject.

regards,

GR
No worries here, I just made the notation for accuracy purposes.

Regards:cool: