• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No License Concealed Carry in Kentucky????

kwikrnu

Banned
Wow, I am stunned to see the number of OCer's who seem to be opposed to free concealed carry!!!! Using virtually the same "arguments" that many CCer's use to oppose Open Carry!!! Bizarre.

90% of the posters on this site seem to be opposed to the Constitution. There is a thread in the CA section where they tell everyone they need to get a CCW instead of practicing unlicensed unloaded carry. I think the site should be renamed or the owner relinquish control to someone who is truly believes in open carry.

wrightme

90% of the posters on this site seem to be opposed to the Constitution. There is a thread in the CA section where they tell everyone they need to get a CCW instead of practicing unlicensed unloaded carry. I think the site should be renamed or the owner relinquish control to someone who is truly believes in open carry.
False on all counts.

Prove your "90%"

What CA thread are you talking about?

The owner is not wholly responsible for the views of the posters; you being a prime example.

Hyperbole is not useful, unless you want to join the Bradys.

kwikrnu

Banned
Actually, you made a claim, and have presented not one iota of data to support it. Do you have such, or are you (yet again) engaging in sheer hyperbole (over-exaggerated false statement)?

My new policy is I don't back up claims because 90% of posters don't seem to back their's up.

rickc1962

Kwik... I try to support your views on things, but it seems to me that you do not EVER choose to debate rationally. I do not think 90% of the people here are in opposition to the Constition, thay have been tought wrong most of there life about firearms, education is everything. I know this is true becouse I come across pro 2nd. Admenment supporters all the time who do not believe we need to carry arms, but with polite education, and telling the facts of self defence every day somewhare in the U.S. most do come around and become allies. As far as Ca. I wish thay would vote in true pro gun politicians who truly believed in "WE THE PEOPLE" gun rights, I do have say that the Ca. open carry law is a sham, it is nuts to carry a firearm in the open and not have it loaded, you can not load it fast anough to be of help in a crisses, so as much as I disagree with getting permission from the Government to carry, it is at least better then being unarmed.

NRAMARINE

Allow me to lend a machete to this thicket. Requiring free citizens to pay a fee (tax) pass a test, explain motives, or beg permission from PUBLIC SERVANTS to exercise a basic unalienable right which is protected in very clear non-ambiguous language ( the second ammendment) is unconstitutional. It is thereby illegal. Constitutional carry, unlicenced cc, free cc, free oc whatever, is supposed to be the norm. Free cc, oc, whatever. The constitution doesn't say how you have to carry, only that you can. And since it doesn't restrict your choice of carry method, it should simply be a matter of personal preferance.

hotrod

My two cents

I wasn't going to get into the discussion, but. I hope we drop the requirement to have any type of licensing. We have had an open carry law since the beginning of the Commonwealth. We have had car carry for as long as I remember. Most people are not going out, buy a carry weapon and stick it in their belt and walk around. Not that a few wont, but the majority will not. Training is not something I would worry about for most. Most of us have been around weapons all our life. That small amount of training for permits was not that impressive. I hope we let anyone legally able to own a weapon carry it without benefit of a license.