• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

MKEgal

Gotta love Texas & stupid criminals:
(Text from an NRA page.)
Around 2:30 a.m., a 78-year-old homeowner alerted police to a man trying to break into his home in Corpus Christi, Texas and armed himself with a handgun. Police arrived to see the intruder entering the home and called out for him to stop, but the criminal disobeyed the order, entering the home. Once the intruder was inside, the homeowner shot and killed him.
(The Caller, Corpus Christi, Texas, May 23, 2011)
Stupid criminal. Would have been safer with the cops. BTW, he was 18.
One more example of how police don't stop crime. Even when they're right there. Even when they try to.

What I find annoying about this is that the DA says there has to be an investigation, even though they have castle doctrine, and even though the DA agrees breaking into a home is grounds for use of deadly force for self-protection, and even though the guy called 911, and even though the police saw the thug breaking in, etc.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Wonder If They Had A "Permit" For Their Concealed Firearms?

We all know they were carrying concealed. Only criminals are the ones who don't give a hoot about the law or anyone else and are going to do whatever they want. Laws, permits, licenses, etc....nothing makes any difference to them.

MKEgal

protias said:
Man, 31, fatally shot; suspect surrenders at police station
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/122452504.html
I'm not going to make a comment on this one because it does not mention if it is self defense or if he did it offensively.
I'm betting on self-defense; otherwise he'd still be hiding.
Hope he took the time before surrender to find a lawyer.
(Though the JS article says he "entered the police station with a weapon", so apparently he's not too bright.)

MKEgal

protias said:
Dad who split up fight in McDonald's shot dead...in "no-guns" Great Britain
http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7788
The original article is here.
Both a neighbor who witnessed the attack & the victim's partner claim to be terrified.
I suppose I would be too, with criminals like those on the loose & no way to protect myself.

Says the murderers also used a cell phone to facilitate the commission of the crime.
I suppose they'll be banned next, eh?
And how about McDonald's itself? If it weren't for them, the victim & criminals may not have met.

Jason in WI

Three charged after gun displayed at park

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/article/20110525/SHE0101/110525136&located=rss

No, not for carrying, but a felon in possession of a firearm, threatening someone, and carrying concealed. So this felon added two more felonies and a misdemeanor. Someone from WAVE or anyone anti-gun explain to me how this felon got a gun in the first place?

Bringing up a map I only see a Roosevelt Playground, can't possibly never ever be the place since there is a middle school which appears less then 1000ft away! A felon illegally having a firearm and pointing it at someone would never do that in a school zone!

The three were part of a group playing basketball at Roosevelt Park about 3:15 p.m. when an SUV pulled up and a disturbance erupted. Several witnesses said a man got out of the SUV and charged toward Darnell Johnston, with others saying there was also a fight at that time between two women.

Regardless, witnesses say Darnell Johnston pulled out the handgun and pointed it at the man who had charged out of the SUV.

Too bad he's a felon and in a school zone (assuming Roosevelt Playground), this would almost have been a reason why we carry story. Man about to get be attacked, stops attack without firing a single shot.

protias

Bringing up a map I only see a Roosevelt Playground, can't possibly never ever be the place since there is a middle school which appears less then 1000ft away! A felon illegally having a firearm and pointing it at someone would never do that in a school zone!

Too bad he's a felon and in a school zone (assuming Roosevelt Playground), this would almost have been a reason why we carry story. Man about to get be attacked, stops attack without firing a single shot.
If this was a state with a castle doctrine/stand your ground law, the felon would have been shot by the law abiding citizen for having been threatened with deadly force.

protias

So do police not need guns?

Milwaukee Police Department
Police Officers face danger every night. Last night was no exception. At 11 p.m., 900 block W. Orchard, 2 officers encountered gun battle between multiple people in alley. Officer discharges weapon, likely saving lives. Suspect fled, showed up later at hospital. Milwaukee Police spent night looking for rest of participants