• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No need for a gun?

protias

Oakland shooting: Oikos gunman lined up victims and ‘started shooting,’ police say

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...lined-victims-started-shooting-134807247.html

Goh "entered the building, and he took one of the receptionists, entered the room, was looking for one person in particular and I can't reveal that person's name because that person, we don't want to jeopardize their safety," Jordan continued. "He lined up all the victims and began shooting at them and left for a short period of time, came back, went through other parts of the school just shooting, what we call a shooting rampage throughout the school."

If at least one of these people were armed, this would have ended real quick.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Back on January 20th there was an article touting an entire 24 hours without a shooting in Chicago.... In part it said,
In recent months, Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy have been touting a decision to put hundreds more police officers on beat patrol. And in press releases this week, both of them said it’s paying off.
2880cur.jpg

oliverclotheshoff

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon

HandyHamlet

I especially like this part the most: "The mayor has urged residents to take a stand against gangs in their communities."

How in the HE** are they supposed to "take a stand" against gang bangers when law abiding people cannot have guns in Chicago?

Easy. Deal with the biggest gang first. Run the mayor out on rail. Literally. Then go after his gang bangers. They should be easy to spot. They are the ones with the badges.