• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No OC at Cabela's

aikidoka

imported post

I was just at the Cabela's in Hammond, buying items for shooting with some coworkers tomorrow. I notice the firearms dept. had a sign that said something like, license to carry holders keep your gun holstered, if you want to see if it fits a holster bring it in case...

Seems to me they don't specify how it is to be carried, just as the state doesn't either. Maybe show that to a manager that hassles someone again?

Prometheus

imported post

Cabelas is OK with open carry! Even the Hammond location.

I wish this thread would die. There haven't been any issues in months about OC at Cabelas and I pop in there personally atleast 2-3 times a month. Most recently I was in there last week. OC'd the whole time and the only coment I got was about how I liked my Serpa holster by one of the guys behind the gun counter.

The orginal confusion over open carry is over and done with.

I was BS'ing with one of the firearms managers and apparently several people had been taking out their carry guns and trying them out in the holsters. All those carriers were CONCEALED and thats why all those signs are up. He said they've never had that happen with the people who OC in there. Apparently there are quite a few.

imported post

i think that people just need to get used to people walking around with guns.
they probably dont even know that its legal
my opinion-conceal

bhughesiii2187

imported post

Buddy and I walked thru Cabela's in Hammond last night with no issues at all. Only had to go through the check-in for the other gun he brought to look for a holster for. Interesting, they want to check in the gun that has no magazine nor a round in the chamber.