• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non-resident passing through

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I like the fact that my equalizer is unknown so the bad guy does not know he needs to pull his first.
I OC because I like the fact that the BG will probably decide NOT to pull his until he finds a softer target...

Tomahawk

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I would enjoy seeing a breakdown of crime based on states that have gun restrictions vs those that do not.

DC has a murder by firearm daily yet they have a absolute gun ban in place.. How can that be????

Duh.. the only the criminals have guns!!! They can easily pray upon their unarmed victims.
Bottom line for 2005 violent crimes per 100,000 people:

VT: 199.7

VA: 282.8

MD: 703.0

DC: 1,459.0

From no carry restrictions to extreme prohibition, the pattern is striking. Doesn't say how many of what type of crime are firearm-related, though.

Can't reallycopy and paste the actual data, but here's the cite:

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/

AbNo

imported post

All right. I'll have to remember on Friday night, when I get to work, but I'll see what I can do.

OpenOffice.Org, for those of you lacking MS Office.

LEO 229

AbNo

imported post

Well, the only difference is, it will be an Excel/OOO file, as opposed to what it is now, so hopefully, you can order it by type of statistic, instead of just an alphabetical list.

But I'm not doing it until late Friday night.

Sorry, I've got other things to do until then. :celebrate