• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Alabama

47_MasoN_47

imported post

It was good to see Vondelta and Keith (can't remember his forum name...) at the Madison Starbucks today! I brought my buddy Dennis from work so we had 4 this week. Hopefully we'll have more next week also! I had a great time and enjoyed talkin to you guys!

10mikemike

imported post

It was great meeting you guys. Enjoyed the conversation. I'll try and bring at least onefellow shooter along next Saturday. Who knows maybe my wife will come in next time as we weren't arrested orhave any other bad stuff happen to us (ha).

Vondelta

imported post

I would like to add my input into the social gathering we had at the Madison Starbucks on Saturday. It was a pleasure meeting everyone. I must admit, Mason was the only one with any intestinal fortitude on Saturday. Keith and I were chicken because of what we have seen in Madison County and the apparently OC unfriendly attitude of most of the LEOs. Even Keith's wife was a little nervous, and stayed in the truck the whole time. I would like to thank Mason though, as on Sunday afternoon, I had to make a trip to Lowes of Madison. I decided that I would give OC a try and I was pleasantly surprised when no one even seemed to notice! It was nice to be able to exercise my rights, and make myself feel secure with being able to defend myself without everyone having a fit about it.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I look forward to seeing everyone again next Saturday! Hopefully, I will be able to talk my wife into coming as well so Keith's wife won't have to only hear guys swap lies lol!:what:Lets see if we can each bring a friend as well. Mason brought a friend, and I will try also. Not many of my friends actually carry, but I'm trying to show them the light slowly to keep them interested. See yall next Saturday!

47_MasoN_47

imported post

Hey, I'm going to have to miss the meet up tomorrow :( My fiance is graduating from Northwest-Shoals Community College so I'm going to be attending that. Hopefully next Saturday will be free so I can meet up with you guys then!

AL Ranger

imported post

I've got a SA XD .40 and it's a good pistol. I also have a Glock 22 in .40 also. Most of my pistols are .40 because I like the caliber, but I do have other also. Anythiing in particular you want to know?

BIGDAWGFOTCH

imported post

AL Ranger wrote:
I've got a SA XD .40 and it's a good pistol. I also have a Glock 22 in .40 also. Most of my pistols are .40 because I like the caliber, but I do have other also. Anythiing in particular you want to know?
WHO CARES???

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

BIGDAWGFOTCH wrote:
AL Ranger wrote:
WHO CARES???

Wow. Hostile much? :shock:

Ranger probably just posted in the wrong thread.As for the XD, nobody's perfect :p;)

eye95

imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
BIGDAWGFOTCH wrote:
AL Ranger wrote:
WHO CARES???

Wow. Hostile much? :shock:

Ranger probably just posted in the wrong thread.As for the XD, nobody's perfect :p;)
Too many dogs here lately. Where are the Columbia MO swat team when you really need them? ^_^

AL Ranger

imported post

Thanks for the support eye95 and mcdonalk! Vondelta posted this earlier on the topic and I was just responding to his statement.

Never been a Glock fan. It doesn't feel right in my hand. Has anyone tried the SA XDM 40?[/align]

Last edited:

10mikemike

imported post

Sorry I just couldn't make it to Starbucks this morning. Got caught up in the whole Mother's Day weekend thing. Hopefully some of you guys were there. I'll try again next week. And one other thing I'm Rickey not sure where the Keith (?) mixup came in.

Sorry AL Ranger I'm not a fan of the XD or XDM altho Springfield does makeexcellent 1911 pistols and M1A rifles. Individual taste, different strokes whatever, some of my friends swear by'um. Beside if we all liked the same things what would we argue about.

alafan

imported post

would like to meet with yall but a work on saturdays.maybe i can make one on a wed. or sunday. i live in athens al

Vondelta

imported post

I didn't see anyone else on Saturday. I had my mocha, chatted with a guy from work, and ran some errands. I hope to see you guys next week. If later in the afternoon, or on Sunday sometime, let me know. I am willing to get the best time and day for everyone. Saturday morning or early Sunday morning is good for me. I would actually prefer earlier on Saturday, but we need to do the best for all.

10mikemike

imported post

Did anybody stop by this morning? I did but I was late didn't get there until 10:30 'ish, hung out a few minutes and left. Anyway hope to see some of you guys next Saturday.

Rickey

AL Ranger

imported post

Maybe it would help if we all met somewhere off-site for a few minutes and then went into Starbuck's together? Of course, I'm not sure how the people would react to car loads of armed people showing up all at once. Maybe we should just exchange cell phone numbers and check around on each other to see who is going to show up.

Vondelta

imported post

If we can get a positive from people that they are showing up, we will know who to expect. I normally don' t just go somewhere and hang out by myself, so if there is no one there by 10:10, I pop smoke. 541-7539 is my cell.

Vondelta

imported post

Since there has been no positive interest for this week, I won't be attending. I posted my cell number for people who were interested to give me a call, and I got no calls.

FedFirefighter

imported post

Is the statewide Starbucks meet up still on for the 12th? I would like to see some of you again, and meet some of you I haven't. If so, please post a time and exactly where, and I'll be there. I'll probably need directions too.

Ruger .454

imported post

New member here - Huntsville. I've had an Alabama concealed carry permit for roughly 30 years but didn't know that open carry was legal until today. Would like to meet when you fellows get together again. Thanks!