• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northwoods OC Night???

Cobbersmom

Again, keep me posted. Now that Joe's gone, what's the take on the new town chair on this issue? :question:

Mark Hartziem (sp?) is acting chair and I think other folks have taken out papers to run; just not sure. Mark is a realtor and however he feels on carry doesn't matter much. As Nut said, the cops are well aware of the legality of open carry and most likely won't cause problems.

http://www.lakelandtimes.com/main.asp?SectionID=9&SubSectionID=9&ArticleID=12348&TM=63457.76
Handrick said Hartzheim, the board's senior member with 10 years as a town supervisor, will be responsible for running meetings in the interim between Handrick's resignation and the town chairman elections in April.
Hartzheim, who is running for town chairman, said he believed this to be protocol but would not take over any chairman's duties other than running meetings if and until the board moved to name him interim chairman.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Let me know when ( I already know where ) and if I'm free, I'm there! Actually, I'm considering violating the possession ordinance in Rhinelander this year. It seems there's a park ordinances that got passed this past year prohibiting possession in any park in town.

A person from Rhinelander listed a member of Mayors Against Guns would not have had anything to do with that would he? <rolling eyes>

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/members/members.shtml#WI

stickbow95

Welcome to the Northwoods. I moved here, from Detroit, about seven years ago.
I'm sure I'll see you around. I'm on Scattering Rice Lake Rd.

srt20

Whats the name of this resturant? Does the snowmobile trail go there? I am a avid rider and get up north most every weekend that theres snow, and I need a place to eat when Im in that area. PM me the name if you dont want it on here. Thanks, oh and I dont carry my gun in the sled with me, but I will check the place out anyway.

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
it is right between the "Thirsty Whale" and the downtown bars, 1 block off the lake, You could either park the sled at the whale, or follow the trail up to the post office (By the Minocqua trestle) and park in the snowmobile parking section of the town lot, then walk 1 block south.

Follow the smoke, Look for the vintage NEON.

1FASTC4

Welcome to the Northwoods. I moved here, from Detroit, about seven years ago.
I'm sure I'll see you around. I'm on Scattering Rice Lake Rd.

Cool. Scattering Rice Lake is across the street from my house. We can't be that far apart.

XD40V10

I would love to participate in a northwoods get together. Ive know about oc'ing for awhile but am an oc virgin and only joined the forum a few days ago. This was the first get together mentioned that was only an hour away from where I live. Name a date and time and I'm there.