• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not a Dime Campaign

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Please, gentlemen -- I respectfully request you refrain from attacking each other in public and remain on topic?

Thank you.

Flintlock

imported post

Tess wrote:
Please, gentlemen -- I respectfully request you refrain from attacking each other in public and remain on topic?

Thank you.
My apologies, Tess. I am just responding to his numerousblantantcriticisms of others on the board. If I stopped, it would be nice if he would as well.

You are quite right though, we should not engage in petty bickering on the forum. If AWDstylez wishes to continue our discussions, perhaps we can do so over PM.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

2a4all wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:
You may not have gone to college, but if you have kids in k-12 just remember that the national PTA is anti gun. No overpriced wrapping paper or chocolate for me, and I refuse to peddle their crap for them.

AARP is also anti gun, for you older folks.
My wife and I are older folks and AARP members. So far, the benefits outweigh their gun policy. We wear glasses, and the optometry shops around here give a 30% discount to AARP members. The dues are way less. I can buy a lot of ammo (instead of their insurance offerings) with the savings! :cool:
Just got back from Hong Kong a month ago. I bought 3 pairs of glasses 1 of them prescription sunglasses for....You guessed it $200! 3 pairs! The same anti-glare, scratch resistance. . .

I think there is more of an issue. . . Now I know it is off topic, but that is a large difference.

As for the rest of this...how about organizing a gun club in your local high school? I am working on doing that very thing in my local area. I am hoping to get full private funding so that the district can't shut it down because of funding...

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Theseus wrote:
2a4all wrote:
Nelson_Muntz wrote:
You may not have gone to college, but if you have kids in k-12 just remember that the national PTA is anti gun. No overpriced wrapping paper or chocolate for me, and I refuse to peddle their crap for them.

AARP is also anti gun, for you older folks.
My wife and I are older folks and AARP members. So far, the benefits outweigh their gun policy. We wear glasses, and the optometry shops around here give a 30% discount to AARP members. The dues are way less. I can buy a lot of ammo (instead of their insurance offerings) with the savings! :cool:
Just got back from Hong Kong a month ago. I bought 3 pairs of glasses 1 of them prescription sunglasses for....You guessed it $200! 3 pairs! The same anti-glare, scratch resistance. . .

I think there is more of an issue. . . Now I know it is off topic, but that is a large difference.

As for the rest of this...how about organizing a gun club in your local high school? I am working on doing that very thing in my local area. I am hoping to get full private funding so that the district can't shut it down because of funding...

There used to be a few schools in my area with shooting teams. A couple even had indoor ranges at the school. Needless to say they all magically disappeared after Columbine, but it was fun while it lasted. Good luck starting one if your area. Maybe see if you can get your foot in the door with an air rifle team. They scare the sheeple less.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I was on the rifle team at my High School many many years ago.

I will follow the "no guns- no funds" policy when I get asked from my college.

Funny thing: Because I'm in Grad school at the same college as undergrad, they haven't asked me for money yet. They are still taking it.