• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not an OC event in particular

lordmorpheus

I have Saturday off from work (and didn't even have to ask for it, of course I am working every day between tomorrow and then). I can probably ask off for Sunday additionally.

*performs anti rain dance*

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
FYI, time is looking a lot more like between 1100 and 1200 on Saturday, my visitation with Eva will actually be on Friday so two days of wheelin are in order :) If I don't break anything anyway!

lordmorpheus

Sounds great! Wife and I have a social outing Friday night that might involve some drinking, but noon +/- an hour is completely do-able. After working for 8 days straight, I will definitely need some kind of rewinding.

Again, as it gets closer to the day, let me know where we can meet up and such. I don't know about The Stig's work schedule and inspection, but I might be bringing an ex-coworker, and possibly another Rover owner.

Even though I have not met you or your daughter, please give her a big hug from me.

The Stig

i've gotta work until 5 on saturday.....and there's a rumor that i have to work open to close on sunday (if not 11-close)

inspection went fine......just an exhaust leak i already knew about from a kinked pipe i got from the last time i went four-wheeling :mad:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Busting out the wheel bearings on my lovely maidens cruiser again today, darn cheap parts! Pain in the butttttt thats for sure. Gonna tweak the suspension on the WJ just a bit and break the disco's loose so it is easier. Need to fab up some quickies but not sure if I am gonna bother with that since the cruiser has the stands occupied. Need to get the addco rear for the rig but haven't had time. I doubt my rock light gear is going to get here in time to install it before next Saturday, but if so, quite possible to wheel into the wee hours of the morning Sunday and then just crash before work on Monday :) Most likely depend upon how Dave's kids do, can't bounce em into the night too late lol.

lordmorpheus

Is this on for tomorrow and Sunday? I have both days off from work, and had planned to get there around noon tomorrow and meet a friend of mine.

However, everything is sort of up in the air right now. My mother in law is in the hospital in Rolla with Lymphoma, and numerous potentially deadly blood clots. My wife and kids drove down here today, but I haven't talked to her since this morning, so I don't know how she is doing. Hopefully, I will know more later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Please keep her in your prayers, everyone.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
It was up in the air for us to and yesterday it canceled and then uncanceled lol.

I am packing gear in about five minutes and rolling to the meet up. I expect we will get there around 11:00 and I know we will be night wheelin as well.

CB channel 4 hollar for "Dave in the white zj" and he will likely hollar back. I do not have CB I have amateur radios in my rig.

I do not know how big this place is, but if you are lagging a little behind, if you check your pm's you will find you have my number. Name is Rich BTW if that hasn't been covered lol

Other than that, you are looking for this rig:

IMG_0924.jpg

Hope to see you there and FYI we are camping overnight and will be in the woods at dark-thirty :)

lordmorpheus

LTMD, I had an awesome time today, and look forward to going out there again in the future. Hopefully, I will have better tires by then. I'm driving down to Rolla tomorrow, so a morning carwash is on order. I think the pinstriping removal will have to wait until later.

I am looking forward to the pictures and videos!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah, you are going to need some tires. Those you have are great for street racing but not real effective for the woods, but you did make it through all but the deepest hole and you just do not have the clearance for that particular hole. It took a lot to get you winched out.

I hope your wife's mom is doing as well as expected, would have been nice if you could have made it over again today. Took a wild nose dive off some ruts that was increasing the pucker effect!

DSCN0844.JPG

Should have videos of you up in a few hours and will pm the address.

lordmorpheus

Yeah, you are going to need some tires. Those you have are great for street racing...

Lol! Perhaps, but even they don't make this 180HP 4,600lb thing raceworthy. Why the previous owner chose them is beyond me.

Mom-in-law is doing as well as can be expected. She is still far from out of the woods yet.