• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not backing down 770 KTTH @ 5:30 10/4/2010

TheJeepster

Better yet, make a Public Service Announcement video outlining the rights of Washington Citizens under both Federal and State Constitution. A 30 second video that is distributed to all the media outlets. They have to run so many PSA's during their broadcast day to comply with their license requirements. There could be a couple of videos covering citizens rights when approached by police officers, the legality of Open Carry, and other topics regarding lawful carry of firearms.

There might even be some "stock stuff" available from the NRA on basic rights.

If the "tree huggers" can exploit the media, why can't those who legally carry firearms?

Whatever happened to cable TV being required to produce Public Access TV. I remember that just about anyone could do it. You just had to take some classes on how to operate everything yourself. This was requirement by the government that the cable companies had to do.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Whatever happened to cable TV being required to produce Public Access TV. I remember that just about anyone could do it. You just had to take some classes on how to operate everything yourself. This was requirement by the government that the cable companies had to do.

So I though we were against the government requiring private people/business to do things....

I haven't had 'cable' tv ever, I have always had sattelite or broadcast tv.

xxx.jakk.xxx

I remember going to channel 3 to play my videos or video games and always seeing some random person on TV talking. I think that with the release of TVs with the "Video" or "Input" options, public access kind of died since no one "Had" to tune to that channel anymore.

gsx1138

i listened to the 3pm, the 4pm, but
still havent found the 5pm link to listen to..
used their list of posted shows, but i guess it hasnt been posted yet.

dont remember if it was this show or the other, but one caller said,
"i know this guy. he stands around stores for hours a day,
waiting for folks to see him, just trying to make a statement,
like look at me, see my gun, etc.."
i hope he is not talking about tom brewster!
sounds like he is talking about stainless1911 over in michigan,
standing around the grate lakes crossing mall!

I heard that as well. I think he was talking about Deros. He's the only guy I know who sits in Safeway drinking coffee and reading the paper every day.
I found it interesting that so called CCW folks called in to make the same outlandish, and unsubstantiated, claims that the Brady campaign uses. It seems many gun owners have been fully indoctrinated by anti-gun culture more than they realize.

amlevin

Public access TV is still there. You need to contact the cable TV operator for details but on the "system" I am connected to there are several channels that are marked "Local Programming". They are used to broadcast City Hall events, Parades, and yes, even privately produced shows.

Here's an "article" describing the rules:

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-arts/2010/08/dfdsfd-281.html

grishnav

Seems like with all our smarts and technology, we should be able to set up an OCDO radio, or web feed, with interviews and such. Get some truth out.

It's not a technology problem so much as a legal one. It's really hard to get permission to rehost stuff like this in a timely manner, and doing without opens up liability to a copyright suit.

I have the servers available if people need media hosted, though.

Maybe I'll toss up a stream composed of media posted here and see what people think.

What would people want to hear on an OCDO radio stream, anyway?

Last edited:

DEROS72

I heard that as well. I think he was talking about Deros. He's the only guy I know who sits in Safeway drinking coffee and reading the paper every day.
I found it interesting that so called CCW folks called in to make the same outlandish, and unsubstantiated, claims that the Brady campaign uses. It seems many gun owners have been fully indoctrinated by anti-gun culture more than they realize.
Could have been me he was refering to.I do go there to get a walk in, a coffee and read the paper.I sometimes go into the managers office and bs with her for a while.The advantages of building a report.How many armed guys can walk into the managers office to BS. Get what ever groceries I need and take off.Looking for a gun fight...really? that was the most insane ,insulting thing I have ever heard ,whoever they were refering to.
I also think that some in the CC group have been negatively indoctrinated by the anti crowd.

tombrewster421

Could have been me he was refering to.I do go there to get a walk in, a coffee and read the paper.I sometimes go into the managers office and bs with her for a while.The advantages of building a report.How many armed guys can walk into the managers office to BS. Get what ever groceries I need and take off.Looking for a gun fight...really? that was the most insane ,insulting thing I have ever heard ,whoever they were refering to.
I also think that some in the CC group have been negatively indoctrinated by the anti crowd.

On another forum, one CC'er said that he would rather walk around with his gun in his hand concealed by his pocket so that he would be ready for anything. Then went on to exclaim that OC'ers are he ones living in fear.
Personally I think it would be better to keep it holstered so that if you trip and fall you won't negligent discharge on yourself. But that's just me.

Last edited:

HeesBonafide

Video

2 years ago, I suggested putting together a 1/2 hour video to be shown on PBS.
How many thought it a good idea ? Quite a few...
How many wanted to help? NONE< NADA< NOBODY

I have an HD Video camera and could help with editing. Let me know via PM

amzbrady

I have an HD Video camera and could help with editing. Let me know via PM

We should at least see if we could make OCDO commercial and broadcast on free webcast if there are any. My daughter watch I-Carly, it seems that we could do something like that. I see a commercail showing a female open carrier leaving a public park with her daughter hand in hand, laughing, and a criminal starts to follow, stalking the open carrier, but not knowing she is open carry, (dont show it yet), and as the criminal approaches he starts to pull a handgun out of his coat pocket, (the criminal should be dressed as a non stereotypical clean cut guy), then open carrier turns strongside unknowing that a criminal is there, then the criminals eyes getting really big and he shoves his pistol back in his pocket and takes off runs back to the park and see's another victim (father and son) and starts to follow them (Fade to Headline on following days paper) Father and son shot in such and such park parkinglot, gunman still on the loose.

We really need to get some non biased real world info out to the anti's. Emotions are where to hit the anti's, esp since their common sense and rational thought process is defective.

Last edited:

jt59

Matt Shea will be the prime sponsor of the bill this upcoming session. And Ed Orcutt will co sponsor.

shea.matt@leg.wa.gov
orcutt.ed@leg.wa.gov

Could you reference the bill number please? I have looked on both Rep's website for bill sponsorship on anything regarding guns. Was this a bill introduced in the last "short" session and held over or something else?

Last edited:

amlevin

Matt Shea will be the prime sponsor of the bill this upcoming session. And Ed Orcutt will co sponsor.

shea.matt@leg.wa.gov
orcutt.ed@leg.wa.gov

How do you propose to overcome the provisions of Federal Law?

"A person must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun or handgun ammunition, and 18 years of age to buy a rifle or shotgun or ammunition, from a retail firearm dealer. (GCA, 1968)

Seems like anyone under 21 will have to have someone else buy the firearm for them (Straw Purchase?) and when they run out of ammo, same problem. Can't buy it until you're 21.

Last edited:

joeroket

"A person must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun or handgun ammunition, and 18 years of age to buy a rifle or shotgun or ammunition, from a retail firearm dealer. (GCA, 1968)

Seems like anyone under 21 will have to have someone else buy the firearm for them (Straw Purchase?) and when they run out of ammo, same problem. Can't buy it until you're 21.

Does the GCA apply to only FFL's or to private sales as well? Seems to me the last portion would mean that it does not apply to private sales. Also do you have to be a firearm dealer to sell only ammo?

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher

Many "pistol" calibers are used in rifles..... .22, 9mm, .40, .45, .357, .41, .44,

xxx.jakk.xxx

Many "pistol" calibers are used in rifles..... .22, 9mm, .40, .45, .357, .41, .44,

I believe that any ammo used in Pistols, including the ones also used in rifles, you have to be 21+ to buy. I don't think that they exclude them just because they CAN be used in a rifle. Maybe there's a loophole, though, that allows the purchase if you expressly state that it will be used in a rifle. Someone will have to check on that, seems like it's a good way around it if it works.