• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November Postal Match

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Tess, I think you did a good job with the Bersa. You were running with the pack under the parameters of this match, so you deserve an honorable mention for doing that with just a .380. I thing Double R deserves one too for getting the most X's with his .45, I think he's definitely ready for turkey season if they start allowing handguns. Lockman I noticed you were the only wheel gunner, but the .41 magnum is a heck of a choice. One of the greatest cartridges that never took hold like it should have.

As for our next match, I will run it again if everyone consents. However I wouldn't mind playing myself so if someone wants to step up that would be cool.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Why can't you play too? I mean - since there's nothing to be gained by fudging or cheating, no big deal. But if you want someone else to look at the targets too, I'll volunteer. I'm simply not enough of a follow-through'er to commit to getting it done.

But I am trying to write something for the Defender.

longwatch

imported post

Well knowing all the scores does give me an unfair advantage. Assuming I didn't cheat I could keep shooting targets until I raised my score up to whatever level I found satisfactory. Basically I think the appearance of impartiality is important, but thats just me and the matches are just for fun after all.

TEX1N

imported post

Were we allowed to keep shooting targets until we got a score we liked? Because I was under the impression that we only got one shot at it (pardon the pun).

Longwatch, I don't have a problem with you shooting along and moderating. You would probably be tougher on yourself than we would.

longwatch

imported post

There was no rule against practice targets. I only allowed one entry per gun, but it could have been your best effort. That said it is a truer test of ones abilities to take only one attempt at this course of fire. However even in the Marines we shot the course of fire up to four times before we had to qualify. Like open carry my philosphy running this match was if there isn't a rule against it it's legal. If The Donkey wanted to use his .410 with buck shot I would have allowed it, notice I only prohibited birdshot, he being a lawyer I was hoping he would notice of that loophole and play that way. As the judge I would not have considered it a 'failure to do right' like in IDPA.

I'm glad you all have that confidence in me to be a fair judge as well as competitor, thats a nice complement.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey, all. I took a couple of runs at the targets. Including the "Lightbulbs-from-Hell"! (Which I did not submit last month) Anything I can do to help, I will. If anyone would like to do a "Gilberts" target shoot/get-together in Newington, VA, let me know. I'd like to meet up and I'm sure that "Gilberts" would fix us up.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I shot mine at Gilberts.

I'm always up for a shoot there. Weekends are better than weeknights, but with notice I could probably make it.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Depending when/if we have a December shoot, I'm looking at sometime the 2nd week of December. I'm better suited to the afternoon, but could make it inthe evening. I thought that I saw that "Tomahawk" shoots at Gilberts, too. Anywho, maybe we can set something up.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

Goss darn it, see here I get a new job end up working 74hrs a week and miss out on the postal match. dang dang dang dang dang dang dang. but hey atleast I get to carry on the j o b.