• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now i get it

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Of course. I would assume that that's not what the legislature meant when they wrote it, however you could use the argument if you wanted to make a point.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Chances are, if you OCed onto Public School property in Alabama w/o a pistol permit and offered only that subsection as your legal justification, then you would be screwed. A good lawyer could get it thrown out, but no telling how much that would cost. When I happen to be back home and happen to be at the school visiting old teachers, my old band director, or I'm in the admin office to check out my sister, I do so in the concealed mode, that way if, and only if, someone finds out, will I have to deal with LEOs and then all I have to do is show them this statute and my permit and I should be okay.

lordnitrox

imported post

I have to say i OC because..well..it's the only way i can carry. I'm almost 19 and unable to CC due to the ge laws, so OC is the only way i can do it. However nothing really bad has happened to me...yet. No one ran up to me and tried to take my gun, no one shot at me, and I never had to touch my gun. It really does not matter if you OC or CC, the point is you re able to protect yourself.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

lordnitrox wrote:
I have to say i OC because..well..it's the only way i can carry. I'm almost 19 and unable to CC due to the ge laws, so OC is the only way i can do it. However nothing really bad has happened to me...yet. No one ran up to me and tried to take my gun, no one shot at me, and I never had to touch my gun. It really does not matter if you OC or CC, the point is you re able to protect yourself.
+1 re: last sentence - even though this is an OC forum you are quite right!
Yata hey

ace1001

imported post

I have said this before, but the problems of OC are solved when more people OC. Nobody is going to make trouble in an armed camp. If you believe that most people are good, you want everybody armed. Not just the BG! Ace