• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now that we know we have been lied to...

comp45acp

I think you are missing a few key points.

The first one (and most subtle I think) is that we are ALREADY not getting what we want. Wait, we would STILL not get what we want if they were out? So?

In plainer English we have nothing left to lose. Anybody (and that includes politicians) should be wary of creating a situation where people think that.

Secondly, the one with the power wins. That's true for personal romantic relationships as well as politics. Thinking that "oh we can't get rid of 'our guy' because that means THEY get THEIR guy completely strips the power from the people who vote.

That results in "career politicians" who sell their actions to the highest bidder once they get in office, and who completely fabricate their pre-election persona in order to get to do that.

Politicians need to be frightened of lying. They need to be frightened of pulling a complete 180 from their campaigns like Walker hand half the republicans in the legislature have done. Seriously. REPUBLICANS LIE. This is true and you admitted it was the case and then shrugged your shoulders "we can't do anything or the other guy wins".

I have news for you. We don't HAVE a guy. We have some issues that are getting swept under the rug. Nobody up there cares about them. Never did, and lied about it when it was convenient.

It's time to remove everybody. And to keep doing it until the system is changed.

We got much of what "we want". We got everything except permit-less carry. To say that we have "nothing left to lose" is ludicrous. We are making a huge step and still retaining open carry as it is now for those who don't want to get a permit. Under the Democrats you got NOTHING for many years. Now we've made a huge leap and some of you are acting like we got shafted. If you want to be angry with someone, get after Sykes, Wagner and Belling. They did more than anyone to kill Constitutional Carry. Some of you guys need to get up to the Capital, visit your Representative, Senator and their aids and find out how it works up there. Nothing is as easy or cut and dried as you think they are.

Outdoorsman1

We got much of what "we want". We got everything except permit-less carry. To say that we have "nothing left to lose" is ludicrous. We are making a huge step and still retaining open carry as it is now for those who don't want to get a permit. Under the Democrats you got NOTHING for many years. Now we've made a huge leap and some of you are acting like we got shafted. If you want to be angry with someone, get after Sykes, Wagner and Belling. They did more than anyone to kill Constitutional Carry. Some of you guys need to get up to the Capital, visit your Representative, Senator and their aids and find out how it works up there. Nothing is as easy or cut and dried as you think they are.

^^^^^^^ Quoted in Red.... X10

Outdoorsman1

bigdaddy1

Admittedly it is progress, although a far ways from ideal.

Open carry for many is not as easy, I live in the city where I am literally surrounded by schools. I cant walk beyond my property line while armed without being a felon. So no, we did not get everything expect permit-less carry. We still have serious restrictions for vehicle carry (unless you buy the license, and even then its confusing.), and we still cant carry near a school.

Its like going to a restaurant and ordering a steak. You get a plate of spinach instead, hey you got something you should be happy about that shouldn't you?

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
If you want to be angry with someone, get after Sykes, Wagner and Belling. They did more than anyone to kill Constitutional Carry.
^^^^^^^ Quoted in Red.... X10

Outdoorsman1

I wouldn't rule out that they are scapegoats put up by walker to spew that crap and take the blame as they are now taking, It still comes down that the blame is on our legislators and they shall reap the rath for many will not be returning to office.