• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA becoming absolete?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

soldier.53 wrote:
At one time I called the fat cats to give me the name of a gun Attorney and this nut told me he did not do gun law all the time but for $5000.00 down he would help me? I asked him if he ever did a gun case in his live? he told me no but he may be able to help me? MAY BE ABLE TO HELP ME FOR $5000.00 DOWN? AND IT WOULD COST MORE AS THE CASE WENT ON? I asked if he knows a Attorney that has worked a gun case and won? he told me not at this time, he would be my best chance I told him I will look for a good Attorney one that has worked in the field! he tried to call me but I told me he was my best bet? I told him to have a great day! I called the NRA and they gave me a two number's and the numbers where out of order!? I called the NRA AND ASK THEM IF THEY WOULD GET THERE HEAD OUT OF THERE A$$ AND PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD NUMBER TO A GUN Attorney!! THEY DID NOT HAVE ONE IN MI?????? BUT I CALLED THEM AND ASKED IF THEY COULD HELP ME AND SENT THEM A LETTER TO HELP ME WITH THE COST AFTER I FOUND A Attorney THEY TOLD ME NO! SO TO HE11 WITH THE FAT CATS AT THE NRA, THEY HAVE LOST THERE WAY! THEY LOVE THE MONEY WE PAY THEM TO GO FISHING ON US! AND ALL THE TRIPS THEY TAKE ON WE THE PEOPLE!! IF WE ALL SEND A MESSAGE TO NRA THAT WE THE PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO STAND BY THEM IF THEY WILL NOT STAND BY US!!!
What kind of gun case did you have?

Criminal or civil? What were the details? Was it resolved?

imported post

Soldier53,
I'm surprised the NRA (negotiate rights away) even bothered to provide a name at all, as their playbook instructs their hirelings to tell you "we only share that info with our membership."

Really.

Glad to hear one more person has seen the real NRA, up close and personal. Welcome to the club.

langenc

imported post

NRA becoming irrevalent?? Kinda like Grandpa telling that when you dont believe the compass you better really start believing it (the compass).

I heard a new 'excuse' whay a poster didnt belong to the NRA---His Dad didnt have time to join!!! yuk A totally new idea. Usually it is cause of to many $$ letters or cause they didnt do something right back in the 60's or 70's and the dude is po'd forever.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Soldier53,
I'm surprised the NRA (negotiate rights away) even bothered to provide a name at all, as their playbook instructs their hirelings to tell you "we only share that info with our membership."

Really.

How do you know that, MEM?

Is that what the NRA told you when you had your jam-up with the NOPD?

soldier.53

imported post

G.O.A. ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NRA IS TO BIG JUST LIKE THE BANKS!? ho THE BANKS WENT BUST! WHAT NEXT? WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO SENT A MESSAGE TO THE NRA WE ARE STILL HERE! AND THEY WORK FOR WE THE PEOPLE! NOT FOR THE G-MAN!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

soldier.53 wrote:
G.O.A. ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NRA IS TO BIG JUST LIKE THE BANKS!? ho THE BANKS WENT BUST! WHAT NEXT? WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO SENT A MESSAGE TO THE NRA WE ARE STILL HERE! AND THEY WORK FOR WE THE PEOPLE! NOT FOR THE G-MAN!
Did you get convicted in your gun case, soldier.53?

soldier.53

imported post

what are you getting at I was a member of the NRA? but I now will be with the GOA all the way!

soldier.53

imported post

HE11 NO! but what happen some cops should be put away! after 11 1/2 mo's I was found NOT GUILTY and it took me 2 mo's to get my guns and my gun rights back! after being fond not Guilty, and was told by one of Roseville's finest If he had it his way we would not have CPL/CCW's ? I told him to get a life we pay him to keep the law not it wright it!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

soldier.53 wrote:
HE11 NO! but what happen some cops should be put away! after 11 1/2 mo's I was found NOT GUILTY and it took me 2 mo's to get my guns and my gun rights back! after being fond not Guilty, and was told by one of Roseville's finest If he had it his way we would not have CPL/CCW's ? I told him to get a life we pay him to keep the law not it wright it!

What was the charge(s)?

What happened?

soldier.53

imported post

My step-son hit me with a 30lb 12V jump box! and was going to kill me as he told me he was going to do!, as he picked up the Jump box and started to kill me with it I well you get it! I order him to put down the box or I would have to define my self he lifted the box and started at me and you know what happen next! the rest I will tell you face to face some day! where's more a lot more! he was HI on some thing?

noname762

imported post

HankT wrote:
Blinn79 wrote:
Just to inform you, I WAS a member of the NRA for 10 years and they DO NOT help gun owners or their members who are arrested or have fire arms illegally seized. At least they did not help me.

In 2006, Harris County Pct 4 Constables pulled up on me and a friend who had pulled into a parking lot due to car trouble. We were asked for ID's, and me being a concealed handgun license holder, gave the officer my ID, and CHL. He told me to put my hands on the truck and removed my Glock 23 from my in-the-pants holster. He then went to his car to run our back grounds. Both of us had perfectly clean back grounds, and he told me to put my hands behind my back and was arresting me for "carrying a prohibited weapon in a prohibited place" which is a 3rd degree felony in Texas.

Anyways, I politely informed the officer that their must be some mistake, and that I am pretty familiar with the law, and would he please go double check in his car on the his computer..

Upon my first day in court, I took my penal code book to the judge that I had from the police academy and showed him Texas Penal Code 46.035 (Carrying a prohibited weapon in a prohibited place by a CHL holder), which clearly stated, "it does NOT apply to walkways, drive ways, PARKING LOTS, parking garages...". He dismissed the case immediately.

In my opinion, the people running the NRA are a bunch of complacent cowards. I hope that Ted Nugent does become the new NRA president, because I would gladly re-new my membership then. He has the back bone that we need to stand up for ALL gun rights (just watch his Texas Monthly interview on youtube).
Sounds like you got jacked up by a stubborn and untrained cop. I feel for ya, B79.

What is the "prohibited place" that you were in? You don't say. Was it a university, police station, courthouse, mental institution,...what?

Kudos to Texas Rifle Association for helping you out.
I've had a couple similar occurances with LEOs in my lifetime. Nothing irritates a nazi type cop more than his prey (you) coming up squeeky clean. Too bad the cop didn't come to court so that the judge could ream him out a new one. I hope you had no court costs.

soldier.53

imported post

I was at home and my step-son hit me with a 30lb 12 v jump box and his girl was a family to the Chief of the PD here! she called her dad and off I went to jail! I was told by one of the cops they would not put me in jail I was just trying to save my life! but then the call came in and you know the rest of the story! after 11.5 mo's I had all they took from me back, my CCW/CPL took a little longer but my guns where hit bad! there's so much more that I will not go in to!