• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA calling Florida bills "Rounds 25, 28 & 29" ???

mister45

You misunderstood me, not surprisingly based on your other posts. I am a member here just as you are, I have no authority to do anything, my opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them - nothing.

The ignore list is just a method members can use so they don't have to look at posts from another member. In has no impact of the site as a whole, just one's view of it.

I'm just as disappointed as others are, maybe more so because of my direct involvement, but I don't let that cloud my better judgment.

Your attitude towards other members tend to lend to the smelly side of things, When we should be focused on getting together and agreeing together to get a right re-established and get our rights returned to the focus of open carry and since I may have misunderstood you, Then I will go back over and read and see if that is possible, But still the posts would accomplish more if they were focused on getting a right restored and not about people and their ways of thinking or towards someone with disrespect... I just think there is more to be accomplished then to cause others to walk away with a smelly attitudes... lets get our minds together and focus on getting back a right and not offending others.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
You still don't get it. The NRA got exactly what they wanted and asked for - the protection from prosecution for accidental display of a firearm - just not in the manner we all wanted. (I won't go into the crappy language in the bill)

The bill was a bill for Open Carry, it had no language about an oops until the amendment.

Who wrote this bill? Evers or the NRA?

My whole point here is we would of been better off without the NRA's involvement.

brboyer

Your attitude towards other members tend to lend to the smelly side of things, When we should be focused on getting together and agreeing together to get a right re-established and get our rights returned to the focus of open carry and since I may have misunderstood you, Then I will go back over and read and see if that is possible, But still the posts would accomplish more if they were focused on getting a right restored and not about people and their ways of thinking or towards someone with disrespect... I just think there is more to be accomplished then to cause others to walk away with a smelly attitudes... lets get our minds together and focus on getting back a right and not offending others.

That is exactly what I have been saying...My comments to some members is in an attempt to get them to stop typing for a minute and consider what they are saying and more importantly how they are saying it. But it appears that I have failed.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
We truly need to get deep down and involved and see why Florida and all its politicians fought and changed the open carry law back in the 80's to honestly begin with, I did carry at one point and time and most local businesses placed signs stating that open carry was illegal and that we would be told to leave if we carried openly, I honestly believe that we should be allowed to openly carry, But at least those that have the CCW permit can carry for the time being, I honestly want to see more freedom in the carrying open , But until we find someone willing to open the issues up that caused the laws to be changed in the first place and until we find someone willing to address the concerns and fears, then it will be a long wait till that law is lifted... I don't see it coming around with no one taking a stand and saying what the people want...

Sean (Stogiec) wrote an article about that I'll try to dig it up. Maybe he can point to it but it had something to do with Janet Reno believe it or not.