• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NSCA CCW Permit Holders Forum

calmp9

imported post

bobernet wrote:
It's not as interesting as you might think.

Last year when the bill to increase CCW fees was going around, I wrote all the legislators an email, and followed it with a FAX. I wrote the note personally from scratch, and never posted it verbatim to any online forums.

I got responses from about 90% of the legislators with follow-up questions, thanks for the info, and generic form responses. Bernie wrote me a page long diatribe about how us gun nuts were biting the hand that feeds us, and he remembers when we wanted CCW in the first place and the NSCA was our best friend... now we're attacking them, blah blah blah.

I wrote back and told him that agreeing or disagreeing with a group on a single issue did not imply wholesale agreement or disagreement with that organization's agenda and opinion on eveyr possible issue now and in the future.

He wrote back and told me that he was sick of us "gun nuts" all mass-emailing him the same form letter. He further said, "this is the last one of these stupid letters I'm replying to." Then he went on to lecture me for a page about civics and the Nevada legislative process. That if I had an opinion, I could drive to Carson City and get on the roster to speak like everyone else. "That's the way it works."

I wrote back to him that with nearly 3 million people in Nevada, it wasn't practical to expect every citizen with an opinion on every issue to show up in Carson City. That with the evolution of communications technology in the past 100 years, he should be pleased with the ability for him to communicate with Nevadans in a direct way that would not have been possible in decades past.

He never replied.

That's the story in a nutshell. He's a piece of worthless garbage, imo.

From what I have found on the internet, Bernie Anderson is up against Ron Longtin, Republican, and Jim Nord, a Independent American. I don't know anything about these people. Maybe you guys do. Being a Republican, I would go with Ron Longtin.