• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NVFAC members please respond

vegaspassat

No offense, but I've read some of the stuff on this forum regarding NVFAC and I think I would feel better giving my money to the NRA.

Rollbar

I hear ya but maybe its not the right organization to hang our hat. So, we first have to change the org and then go after the state, that wears me out already.

+1

It has always seemed odd to me that we discuss so much stuff about the NFAC on this forum and not the NFAC form of which is not really set up to discuss things on. That would be a priority as well IMHO.

The Big Guy

maybe I need to look into GOA, because I don't really like the NRA either.

Check out GOA. Great organization. The Second Amendment Foundation is also good as they bring lots of litigation and win. If it cost me anything to be an NRA member, I would not be one. I became a life member many years ago.

TBG

Rollbar

maybe I need to look into GOA, because I don't really like the NRA either.

Unless you want a magazine subscription :lol::shocker:

+1 on GOA - They will send you form letters to go out to various Senators etc. and they do it all the time. Very, very active group, I am very pleased w/them so far and I just joined a few months ago.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Oh yeah....

Is it just me or do you (whoever you are) find it odd that neither NVFAC's facebook nor the NVFAC forum mentioned the Prez's appearance on Face to Face?

Thanks DTOM for sharing this information with NVFAC members. IIRC you are not a member, correct?

Yeah, its probably just me....

Well I thought I was a member of sorts. After my bout with the NRA Etc. I decided that you cannot "buy" rights, and so I drew a line in the sand regarding paying/trusting someone to "stick up for my rights" however I have been in contact with NVFAC, and Don in particular, have had some impact on some projects that Senator Lee was working on, I offered to do a presentation on the Nevada open records law, and how to exploit it. Stuff like that. So what I am saying is, Don sent me what looks like a BCC mass email, that I thought went out to all the members. Frankly I was shocked when I saw nobody had posted it yet. Then I got to looking at the disclaimer at the bottom and it appears that I am in the non member catagory:

Note: this is a not an NVFAC members’ email. If you do not want to continue to receive these “Nevada firearms updates” please let me know and I’ll take you off of the mailing list. Thanks!

It is possible that the thought process was send it to non members, to show that the NVFAC is relevant and "lure" them into the membership.

Rollbar

What R U talking about. I haven't received any thing you all are saying so I can't comment.
Look at my signature line-it does say member and I am paid in full, at least for a year.

Do we have 25 people yet :question:

CowboyKen

I tried to join at the big brouhaha at Stoney's last year. They guy at the desk handed me the form and just told me to join on the website. I had my money in my hand. I was fired up. He blew it.

I've not seen a REASON to join since.

I stand ready to join at a moment's notice when I believe that they are going to actually do anything beyond what several of us are already doing as individuals.

Everyone saw what happened when I tried to get public disclosure of the NVFAC IRS filings. The best dodging of required public disclosure I have ever seen. I would bet a lot that this organization will never have final approval as a 501(c)anything from the IRS according to Mr. Turner.

He will never allow anyone else to have any real input. Please remember, he is a 30 year LEO. I will not give him one thin dime of mine to use for HIS agenda.

Good luck trying to rest control from him!

Ken

Last edited:

CowboyKen

What R U talking about. I haven't received any thing you all are saying so I can't comment.
Look at my signature line-it does say member and I am paid in full, at least for a year.

Do we have 25 people yet :question:

I bet you never will. He will find a way to dodge that too!

Ken

Last edited:

The Big Guy

My entire existence is proof that I would rather try to effect positive change, and possibly fail, than to never try at all.

It is amazing how much is accomplished by those who are not smart enough to know it can't be done.

I believe that with a bit of ingenuity and a suitable application of cash almost anything can be done. (sometimes hard work can be substituted for cash)

TBG

Last edited:

Rollbar

I wonder if NFAC will endorse OBAMA or Romney :question: I haven't heard anything. Were letters sent to the candidates :question:

My household is voting for Romney and I/household did not vote for Obama either.

White House: Obama not seeking new gun laws

By JULIE PACE Associated Press The Associated Press
Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:08 PM EDT

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php...org>&ps=1011

In an interview Thursday with CNN, Romney said new laws won't keep people from carrying out "terrible acts." He cited the case of Timothy McVeigh, who was convicted and put to death for the 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City that killed 168 people.
"How many people did he kill with fertilizer, with products that can be purchased legally anywhere in the world? He was able to carry out vast mayhem," Romney said. "Somehow thinking that laws against the instruments of violence will make violence go away, I think is misguided."

Last edited:

vegaspassat

I wonder if NFAC will endorse OBAMA or Romney :question: I haven't heard anything. Were letters sent to the candidates :question:

My household is voting for Romney and I/household did not vote for Obama either.

White House: Obama not seeking new gun laws

By JULIE PACE Associated Press The Associated Press
Thursday, July 26, 2012 4:08 PM EDT

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php...org>&ps=1011

In an interview Thursday with CNN, Romney said new laws won't keep people from carrying out "terrible acts." He cited the case of Timothy McVeigh, who was convicted and put to death for the 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City that killed 168 people.
"How many people did he kill with fertilizer, with products that can be purchased legally anywhere in the world? He was able to carry out vast mayhem," Romney said. "Somehow thinking that laws against the instruments of violence will make violence go away, I think is misguided."

eff that, I'm writing in Ron Paul

SoLasVegas

I wonder if NFAC will endorse OBAMA or Romney

Hopefully neither. There are quite a few national gun rights organizations. The NVFAC is a Nevada-only organization and shouldn't be wasting its time vetting national candidates and endorsing anyone who isn't seeking a Nevada office.

Last edited:

Rollbar

Hopefully neither. There are quite a few national gun rights organizations. The NVFAC is a Nevada-only organization and shouldn't be wasting its time vetting national candidates and endorsing anyone who isn't seeking a Nevada office.

Makes since but it would be nice to hear what they have to say :eek: