• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oakland Police shooting...

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Now everybody is confusing their terms.

Assault weapons are NOT assault rifles.

An assault rifle is a rifle capable of selectable fire, and is therefore a machine gun per federal law.

An assault weapon is a CA PC (mostly cosmetic) definition:

any firearm listed by make and model in 12276, or

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

or

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

or

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

plus similar crap for pistols...

cato

imported post

Everybody's trains are passing in the night:banghead:.

Let's put his back into prospective and on track and pay respect for our dead and support their families too.

Violent criminalcontrol is something weshould all support.

CaCop

imported post

Cato,

I know that the majority of the people here are mature. This teenager does nothing but make me laugh at his stupidity.

I am bored so I will tare this jumbled up nonsense apart.

"if you had any morals you would. but its obvious you don't. your paycheck, authority complex, and job security are more important to you than freedom."

Police officers don't get passes to refuse to enforce the law just because the law goes against their morals.

"you are like a little kid. you believe because someone has authority they are right. just because some phony @#$%s make up some phony laws and phony terms for firearms, doesn't make it right because they are legislators. "

Not once did I ever say that I think these laws are right. I never gave my opinion at all. You asked if I enforce these laws and I obviously said yes.

"you've already stated that if kalifornia makes firearms illegal you would enforce that law, and obviously by your logic you would think its "right" because some phony authority figures make it up. thats childish my friend"

What logic did i use that would make it obvious that I agree with these laws?

"yes, semi-automatic weapons are out there, and GASP they can be easily gotten. we really needed you to come out and say that fact. i can go to the store tomorrow and buy a tec9. big @#$%ing deal. "

My statement saying that assault weapons are out there was in response to others saying that they weren't

"i guess by your logic if i have a tec9 i can take on the world because its an assault weapon..."

This makes me laugh. Again you mention some logic that I supposedly am using. This supposed logic also leads to me thinking that someone can take on the world with a Tek 9? I'm still chuckling at your stupidity.

"a tec9 is a worthless inaccurate version of a auto pistol, but since it looks dangerous people like you say they need to be banned"

People like me? So you mean people who haven't even stated their view on assault weapons?

Isn't it comical that every part of your whole post is invalid. You keep attacking me for my views on assault weapon laws and I haven't even told you what they are LOL.

imported post

why would you enforce laws you don't agree with? you have no morals if you do that. its disgusting.

as i previously stated, your job is worth more to you than your freedom.

If you would enforce a gun ban you deserve to die trying.

cato

imported post

ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelp wrote:
why would you enforce laws you don't agree with? you have no morals if you do that. its disgusting.

Would you rather not have any friendlies in LE. I'll keep my job AND help our cause where ever I can. It is very productive to have insiders onour side. And working to convert not alienate others toour perspective is the way to help us insure victory. CA IS the front line for RKBA. Join the fight productively please.

imported post

cato wrote:
ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelp wrote:

Would you rather not have any friendlies in LE. I'll keep my job AND help our cause where ever I can. It is very productive to have insiders onour side. And working to convert not alienate others toour perspective is the way to help us insure victory. CA IS the front line for RKBA. Join the fight productively please.
So I guess if he were to harass and arrest someone for open carrying, that would be his way of helping. After all he says its his job to enforce the laws no matter if they are right or wrong.

CaCop

imported post

I wouldn't harass anyone for UOC. I would do it myself if I wasn't a cop. It isn't illegal in California, in case you didn't know. It is obvious that you are a young child who snuck on to the computer after your parents went to bed. You shouldn't try to have conversations with adults before you are mature enough to understand us.

imported post

CaCop wrote:
I wouldn't harass anyone for UOC. I would do it myself if I wasn't a cop. It isn't illegal in California, in case you didn't know. It is obvious that you are a young child who snuck on to the computer after your parents went to bed. You shouldn't try to have conversations with adults before you are mature enough to understand us.
who is childish now? you're calling me a kid? very funny... yea my mommy let me use her iMac. no wait, she is asleep and i'm using it without her permission. you totally got me man.

but no, you're totally right. there are literally millions and millions of young teenage kids that are just so involved with gun rights and freedom movements. its really the new thing these days. :uhoh:

but hey, when i'm mature enough to become a govt shill and throw my morals out the door and be a tool of tyrannical government i'll let you know. then we can talk about how great the newest law is and how fun it is to ruin peoples lives over it.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CaCop wrote:
I choose to enforce the laws that I HAVE TO enforce.
I'm curious if there really is a requirement for police officers to enforce laws. I personally know of police officers who have not hauled people in for violating drug laws, instead they just confiscated paraphernalia. I'm sure you might run the risk of losing your job if your supervisor found out that you were selectively enforcing laws, but I'd rather lose my job than violate the constitution.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

CaCop is an ally to us. He does understand that what we do IS legal. I personally feel that it does not help our cause to attack him on his different veiwpoints. ALL of us will disagree with one another at some point in time, I disagree with the ways people feel about OC when I am on the street being questioned about it. We are ambassadors to our cause, and even though someone can get heated with us, it is not good for us to then attack the person who has their opinion and is voicing it to us.

I am just saying that we should make sure that we remember that we are ambassadors, and if we create a negative image to people, on the forum or not, its another voter who will not be voting with us. Just something to remember.

cato

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
CaCop wrote:
I choose to enforce the laws that I HAVE TO enforce.
I'm curious if there really is a requirement for police officers to enforce laws. I personally know of police officers who have not hauled people in for violating drug laws, instead they just confiscated paraphernalia. I'm sure you might run the risk of losing your job if your supervisor found out that you were selectively enforcing laws, but I'd rather lose my job than violate the constitution.

Department policy for me is arrest for all felony violations. If it's just you and me, and there are no other criminal factors,then I could look the other way. You, me, and a partner? well loose lips sink ships and careers. We will get our relief in Fed Court not from any other method IMO.

In the mean time, Californians and visitors are strongly encouraged to follow the current BS laws. I would hate for anyone to loosethere rights forever just before we getthe laws struck down in the coming years.

Lot's of info at Calguns.net on following the laws and owning legal CA compliant center-fire, mag fed ARs and AK style rifles.

cato

imported post

http://camemorial.org/hr_2001-present.php#2009

On the afternoon of March 21, five Oakland PD officers were shot by the same suspect in two related events.

At approximately 1:08, Oakland PD motor officers Sgt. Mark Dunakin (40) and Officer John Hege (41) pulled over a Buick sedan at 74th Ave. and MacArthur Blvd. for a routine traffic stop. A wanted felon, Lovell Mixon (27), stepped out of the vehicle and opened fire on Hege and Dunakin, striking both. They were transported to Highland Hospital, where Dunakin succumbed to his injuries. Hege was listed in critical condition until he was pronounced brain dead on Sunday morning, March 22.

Mixon fled on foot and a short time later, acting on a tip, police surrounded an apartment building on Hillside St. and 74th Ave. – a block from the initial shooting. Oakland police SWAT team members tried unsuccessfully to communicate with Mixon and at 3 p.m. fired flash grenades into the apartment before entering. At that point Mixon, who was thought to have been hiding in a closet, opened fire with an assault rifle, fatally wounding Sgt. Ervin Romans (43) and Sgt. Daniel Sakai (35). A fifth officer was hit with a through-and-through shot to his shoulder and another shot grazed his head. He was treated at the hospital and released. Mixon was shot and killed at the scene.

Sgt. Dunakin is survived by his wife Angela, a former Alameda Co. Sheriff’s Deputy, and their three children.
by Sgt. Hahn, LAPD
I never dreamed it would be me
My name for all eternity
Recorded here at this hallowed place
Alas, my name, no more my face

"In the line of duty" I hear them say
My family now the price will pay
My folded flag stained with their tears
We only had those few short years

The badge no longer on my chest
I sleep now in eternal rest
My sword I pass to those behind
And pray they keep this thought in mind

I never dreamed it would be me
And with heavy heart and bended knee
I ask for all here from the past
Dear God, let my name be the last

RIP

Sgt. Mark Dunakin
Oakland Police Department

End of Watch: March 21, 2009

freedom4all333

imported post

CaCop wrote:
Oh well, I don't need your respect. I choose to enforce the laws that I HAVE TO enforce. You act as if I can tell my Chief, "sorry Sir, I don't think that law is constitutional, thus I will refrain from enforcing it."
And now I'll quote of better man with some actual morals that really meant something to him.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. "
-Thomas Jefferson

It really seams this country has lost its liberty...which is the most difficult thing to restore. If our history tells us anything, its done by "fertilizing the tree of liberty" but I like to hope that our history tells us of our past and not of our future so hopefully we don't ignore the mistakes that lead to tyranny and we can find better ways of restoring liberty.

In Liberty,
---CATO ;)

(sorry not to be confused with the member of this forums tag name but it may be the same reference)

CaCop

imported post

freedom4all333333 wrote:
CaCop wrote:
Oh well, I don't need your respect. I choose to enforce the laws that I HAVE TO enforce. You act as if I can tell my Chief, "sorry Sir, I don't think that law is constitutional, thus I will refrain from enforcing it."
And now I'll quote of better man with some actual morals that really meant something to him.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. "
-Thomas Jefferson

It really seams this country has lost its liberty...which is the most difficult thing to restore. If our history tells us anything, its done by "fertilizing the tree of liberty" but I like to hope that our history tells us of our past and not of our future so hopefully we don't ignore the mistakes that lead to tyranny and we can find better ways of restoring liberty.

In Liberty,
---CATO ;)

(sorry not to be confused with the member of this forums tag name but it may be the same reference)

What point are you trying to make? Are you suggesting that I should stop enforceing the law and refuse to arrest on felony offenses? Can you imagine the conversation i would have with my wife? I'm sorry honey, but our kids are just going to have to starve. I refuse to enforce these laws.

The word "tyranny" (in regards to police), has been used many times since I became a member. I believe that your cause is a just one. What I find disgusting are the immature kids on this website who find out that I am a Police officer and immediately attack. Like this idiot, ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelp, who attacked me for my views on assault weapons, when I hadn't even expressed my views. I am still shaking my head at the stupidity of the person. It would be as if I attacked him for his views on fur coats. He likes guns, and people who like guns like to hunt. Hunters kill animals so he must like fur coats right?? He is an animal killer!

I am starting to regret my return to this community. 9/10 of you are mature and I enjoy talking to you. The other 10% are so idiotic that it is impossible to debate anything with them.

imported post

CaCop wrote:
freedom4all333333 wrote:
CaCop wrote:

-Thomas Jefferson

In Liberty,
---CATO ;)

What point are you trying to make? Are you suggesting that I should stop enforceing the law and refuse to arrest on felony offenses? Can you imagine the conversation i would have with my wife? I'm sorry honey, but our kids are just going to have to starve. I refuse to enforce these laws.

The word "tyranny" (in regards to police), has been used many times since I became a member. I believe that your cause is a just one. What I find disgusting are the immature kids on this website who find out that I am a Police officer and immediately attack. Like this idiot, ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelp, who attacked me for my views on assault weapons, when I hadn't even expressed my views. I am still shaking my head at the stupidity of the person. It would be as if I attacked him for his views on fur coats. He likes guns, and people who like guns like to hunt. Hunters kill animals so he must like fur coats right?? He is an animal killer!

I am starting to regret my return to this community. 9/10 of you are mature and I enjoy talking to you. The other 10% are so idiotic that it is impossible to debate anything with them.
the nuremberg defense is not a valid one.

i think you're the one that is stupid. you are just as bad as the people making these unconstitutional phony laws. without you enforcing them they would be meaningless.

its truly pathetic that you couldn't do any other job than be a hated tool of government. truly truly pathetic.

even your analogy is moronic at best. typical pig. they do take from the bottle of the barrel, because they can get tools like you to merely enforce their laws, and never question them.

a better analogy would be if someone that didn't like fur as clothing worked at a company that made fur coats, but their excuse was that their wife would further neuter them if they didn't bring home a paycheck.

if you want to legitimately make fun of someone's intelligence go look in the mirror.

dumbass

pullnshoot25

imported post

CaCop wrote:
You know that you can LOC as a cop, right?

Also, please quit using the "immature vs. mature" analysis of everyone you converse with, it is quickly growing old and stale. By continuing that analysis, you are, yet again, enforcing the stereotypical "us vs. them" mentality that we talked about last time, remember little Jimmy, er, Officer McFriendly?

I am certain that you can articulate some other more creative avenues of communication.

Time for bed.

-N8

CaCop

imported post

Actually. your analogy does not fit. If my only job was to enforce assault weapon laws ,then it would. I am a Police officer because I believe in what Police Officers do. Just because I think that some laws aren't constitutional does not mean I should refuse to do what I love. Now you are attacking Law enforcement as a whole including every Police Officer out there. This shows the type of person you are. This is a thread about 4 Police Officers who died and you are attacking Police Officers because they must enforce the law. You are pathetic.

To the people who keep PMing me asking me to forgive them for their immature members; You need to grow some balls and say something to them in a public forum. With Pullinshoot I had the same thing. You guys want to PM me and tell me how immature these guys are and apologize for their ignorance and immaturity...well I challenge you to forget about offending people and tell them yourself. On officer.com, we correct people who act like this, we don't PM the recipient of these children's idiotic rants asking for forgiveness and for people to ignore them. ImFromTheGovernmentAndImHereToHelp and Pullinshoot and a few of the others need to know that you all despise their immaturity. Quit asking me to forgive it in private...