• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama’s Plan To Kill Armed Pilot Program

nobama

Individuals who carry should have some miniman retention training, IMO *takes cover*.

My brother is a retired airline pilot as is his wife(not retired) They took the class to be able to carry on their flights. They were trained,and really are fed licenced agents who can carry on their flights.So where does this not enough training come from? Does anyone know about the training? I asked,and was told they were not able to comment. As far as flying instead of fighting. Airliners have two pilots,a capt. and a first officer.Either one can fly the plane without the other. I think armed pilots are a great deterent dont you?

HighFlyingA380

The pilot firing at somebody implies the cockpit door has been breached. The choice between "fighting and flying" is moot. That's a far more worrisome situation than the fact that a firearm is being used.
Exactly. Besides, unless the hijacker decides to make his move in the first or last few minutes of the flight, the pilot won't even be flying. A little something called autopilot. If the pilot diverted his attention to neutralize the threat, nothing would happen in terms of the aircraft flying. It's not like in the movies where they let their hands off the controls and the plane nose-dives.

oldbanger

House kills Obama proposal to slash spending on armed airline pilot program

The measure would have saved taxpayers $12.5 million, which doesn’t amount to much, but the president also recommended trimming the Federal Air Marshal Service by $36.5 million.

Yesterday, Obama’s proposed cuts were rejected by the House of Representatives, according to a press release from Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.).
The provision to override the cuts was included in the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act (H.R. 5855), approved last night.

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/06/08/house-kills-obama-proposal-to-slash-spending-on-armed-airline-pilot-program/

bellyfat

armed pilots

my brother is a retired pilot.
he is up against the same lack of uniform gun laws that you and i are.
i.e. land in new york and carry a gun in the airport....no no.
take his gun to a hotel in new york, chicago, l.a.....no no
take his gun to canada, england, most of europe, austrailia,china, saudi arabia....no no no.
most foreign countrie's do not allow firearms by private. citizens.
if american pilots can carry to other countrie's then why not foreign pilots carrying here? like maby packistan pilots or iraq or iranian?
secured bulllet proof cockpit doors are the only safeguard.

bellyfat

armed pilots

my brother is a retired pilot.
he is up against the same lack of uniform gun laws that you and i are.
i.e. land in new york and carry a gun in the airport....no no.
take his gun to a hotel in new york, chicago, l.a.....no no
take his gun to canada, england, most of europe, austrailia,china, saudi arabia....no no no.
most foreign countrie's do not allow firearms by private. citizens.
if american pilots can carry to other countrie's then why not foreign pilots carrying here? like maby packistan pilots or iraq or iranian?
secured bulllet proof cockpit doors are the only safeguard.