• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

obama's Atrocious Record AGAINST Our Second Amendment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beretta92FSLady

I can't help but laugh my a$$ off, this video is Hitler attempting to change the topic of threads. We all need to keep an eye-out, Hitler has been trolling forums. *looks around*

[video=youtube_share;uSbh2MsxdNs]http://youtu.be/uSbh2MsxdNs[/video]

Last edited:

jayspapa

To me the biggest threat he poses towards our 2A , if elected to a second term , is at the SCOTUS level. Let one of the conservative justices get sick , decide to retire , or anything else happen , where he gets to pick a liberal replacement , and wave goodbye to any more good decisions in our favor.

ManInBlack

To me the biggest threat he poses towards our 2A , if elected to a second term , is at the SCOTUS level. Let one of the conservative justices get sick , decide to retire , or anything else happen , where he gets to pick a liberal replacement , and wave goodbye to any more good decisions in our favor.

I agree, this is what I fear most. However, I just can't bring myself to vote for an Obomney et. al. I simply do not believe that, if the Democrats regained control of Congress and pushed an anti-gun bill, that one of the mainstream Republicans would muster the spine to veto it.

Beretta92FSLady

The closer we get to the election, the more I am hoping Obama wins his second term. I was bugged by a number of Obama's policies but then Republicans started associating birth control with abortion, and jumped the rails.

SCOTUS is split right now, leaning to the Right. I look forward to a left leaning SCOTUS if women's health is the issue Republicans are hell-bent running on.

Back to the Second Amendment: all Rights are merely Privileges. SCOTUS might Find something today at 5-4, and tomorrow at 4-5--how is that for so-called Fundamental God-given Rights?

The OP'r must have taken their toys and ran oft. Anyone else want to discuss how the Second Amendment is nothing more than a Privilege in-flux?

Beretta92FSLady

I agree, this is what I fear most. However, I just can't bring myself to vote for an Obomney et. al. I simply do not believe that, if the Democrats regained control of Congress and pushed an anti-gun bill, that one of the mainstream Republicans would muster the spine to veto it.

Romney is likely to get the Republican ticket. Don't support him; stand on your Principles; or vote for Romney and have no Principles, just like everyone else.

sudden valley gunner

Hey hardy... I know EXACTLY how it works, and I've been fightig you a holes for a long fng time

I DO have my own blog, and if you want to know how I REALLY feel about you aholes, you can find me at THEWAKINGGIANT

F/U

Hahaha...

Why the deflection, who are you supporting for president? Are you afraid to answer? Yea we get it Obama bad....

I suppose that should be the end of the discussion. We need to focus on one bad apple, and forget about the whole rotten barrel.:rolleyes: Yep if we get Obama out than all our problems are solved....:rolleyes:

Maybe you should read or watch something else other than FAUX News,

T

TWG2A

Our Second Amendment is NOT a privelage. It is an enforcement of our GOD given right.

The 2nd Amendment does not "give" us the right to keep and bear arms.

According to the Founders, the right to keep and bear arms comes with us into this world courtesy of "Nature's God".

They called the rights listed in the 10 Amendments "unalienable rights", including the right to self defense and they specifically announced that "bearing arms" was included. So the Founders wrote into the Constitution, by ten Amendments, some but not all of our unalienable rights. And that means that the Constitution does not give us those rights - it affirms them. It acknowledges that the people speaking through their several sovereign States in compact created the document to serve the purposes held common by the States. The Federal government did not sign that Constitution, because it did not exist at the time the States signed it as their compact between equally sovereign States. The Constitution therefore is to protect those rights for every citizen. That is what it was created to do. That is what it is supposed to do. It does not "give" us those rights, it is to ensure that those rights are protected.

The Constitution does not "give" us the right - that right is from a higher source than mere man-made governments. It is unalienable. That means that the government is not authorized to take our rights, including the right listed in the 2nd Amendment. Our right to keep and bear arms is beyond question by any agency or branch of the Federal government.

That is why, exactly why, the Federal government is having hissy-fits over this swelling State sovereignty movement and the Nullification movement. Once our States recall that they own the Federal government, the cat is out of the Federal bag and we the people will once again own and enjoy our beloved America.

We are ENDOWED (created with) by our creator (who or whatever that may be but it wasn't the federal government. I was not born in a test tube) with certain UNALIENABLE (You can't touch them) rights. AMONG THEM (not limited to) are LIFE, LIBERTY (self explanatory), and the PURSUIT (not guarantee) of HAPPINESS (defined by the individual).

See that's the thing about inalienable rights. You don't get to have an opinion on them. You don't get to decide anything about them Uncle Sam. They are inalienable. You didn't give them and you can't take them away.

obama and his clan are "hoping" that We, The People, forget all about this, and that We, The People will bow down to "people" like the one's posting here, attempting to deflect the issue. Don't allow them to deflect.

I used to say the only "people" I could ever truly hate were racists, pedophiles and rapists. That's not true anymore. As of about six years ago, I absolutely DESPISE "people" like the one's posting here in this thread. More than anyone or anything on this planet. That's why I don't come here very often. Too many like them here.

"A nation...cannot survive treason from within...the traitor ...wears the face of his victims,...and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation—he works secretly...he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared......." Cicero, 42 B.C.E.

Beretta92FSLady

I get what you are stating.

The premise is that Rights are Fundamental. Just a Premise. We could just as easily start from the premise that all Rights are Privileges.

"Endowed," rather phallic, don't you think?

No person here, that I have reade, is arguing that the Constitution is not an affirmation of Fundamental Rights. I agree that the Constitution is an affirmation.

Your appeal to authority means nothing to me--Cicero 42 B.C.E.; your own thoughts on this matter will suffice. **I just found, and reade the entirety of his statement. The first thing that came to mind was Limbaugh, and Hannity. It seems you, and me might have a perspective gap here.

I actually agree that the Founding Fathers meant for the Constitution to express something along the lines that you have outlined. But what we have here a couple of hundred years later is not a Constitution that sits before us, following the Great Compromise, and the ink is still drying; what we have here is the rubber hitting the road. We are in motion here, and a bunch of squiggly lines on paper do not translate the same in application.

Do I accept that the Constitution is meant to affirm Rights? Yes.

Do I accept that the Constitution identifies what are termed Fundamental Rights? Yes.

Do I accept that Fundamental Rights are Fundamental Rights? No, they are Privileges, no matter how you dice it. We can act as though they are Fundamental Rights but at the end of the day, just your run-of-the-mill privileges.

How un-American is that? Anti-Liberty, isn't it?

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

You're disgusting.

Remind me to scream that in your snout if I ever see you.

Don't go getting all worked up. It's just a little opinion.

Look at it this way, if you are right about this, and I hope that you are--that you have access to some Fundamental notion that I do not--then you have nothing to get worked-up over, because you know it is the Truth.

Last edited:
T

TWG2A

Things like you, who would actually equate the Constitution Of The United States Of America, THE GREATEST POLITICAL DOCUMENT EVER WRITTEN, to "squiggly lines on a piece of paper", and who trash it like it's a piece of toilet paper, don't deserve ANY of the liberty and freedom it provides.

Try talking FACTS, instead of your "little opinion". Your "little opinion" means NOTHING to me where my rights are concerned and where our Constitution is concerned.

Beretta92FSLady

(1)Things like you, who would actually equate the Constitution Of The United States Of America, THE GREATEST POLITICAL DOCUMENT EVER WRITTEN, to "squiggly lines on a piece of paper", and who trash it like it's a piece of toilet paper,(2) don't deserve ANY of the liberty and freedom it provides.

(3)Try talking FACTS, instead of your "little opinion". Your "little opinion" means NOTHING to me where my rights are concerned and where our Constitution is concerned.

(1) So, I am not human anymore because I have an opinion that conflicts with yours?

(2) So, I don't deserve Liberty, and Freedom because you disagree with me. Rather contingent, don't you think, these Liberty, and Freedom that you assert are Fundamental?

(3)So now they are your Rights, and not OUR Rights?

I could just as easily refer to my 'little opinions' as facts but why bother, I will leave that to you to decide. I should mention that there are some who might argue that the Bible is the greatest political document ever written.

Last edited:
T

TWG2A

There you go again....

The Bible is not a political document.

You see, unlike islam, Christianity is not an all encompassing totalitarian political ideology.

Facts, not opinions.

Beretta92FSLady

There you go again....

The Bible is not a political document.

You see, unlike islam, Christianity is not an all encompassing totalitarian political ideology.

Facts, not opinions.

Actually, the Bible is Totalitarian.

Totalitarian; Of or relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.

God is a dictator. Principles in the Bible are Laws. And the coercion is burning in hell if you don't abide by the Principles.

Christianity, Islam, all plucked from the same tree.

T

TWG2A

That is a LIE.

Back to the point.....

obama/soetero atrocious record AGAINST our Second Amendment. Refer to the original post.

Stanley

That is a LIE.

Back to the point.....

obama/soetero atrocious record AGAINST our Second Amendment. Refer to the original post.

Make a claim.
Ignore any counterclaim.
Insult anyone challenging your position.

Got it...

Oh and it isn't a lie... Lol

beebobby

Did he just repost his original post because he didn't get the response he wanted?

Beretta92FSLady

The OP'r seems a bit flustered.

President Obama certainly does not have a pro-2nd Amendment record, on that we can all agree, I am sure.

Some of the details of the list are a bit hazy when it comes to it being considered anti-2nd Amendment, such as: spent brass.

Status
Not open for further replies.